• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Creaking drivers seat

Optimus prime

Car
car
Does anyone else suffer with a creaking drivers seat when you weight shifts on cornering? The creaking comes from the low R/H side, very annoying! Especially as I am only 12st 10lbs so its not a weight thing :dk:

Is it the leather on the side of the seat rubbing on some trim?

Possible but sounds more like a plastic creak or metal if that makes sense will check seat fixings for tightness have used a little silicon spray but still there

Wow just googled this & it's seems to be a big Merc issue across the range some used felt to fix others had whole seat frames replaced under warranty

Had this same problem on mine for the last 10 months. Think just on the drivers seat alone I've had 3 new seat frames and now the passenger seat needs a new one.

Looks like I may have found the issue and fixed it....hopefully a spirited drive to work in the morning will confirm :bannana:

Bending the plastic surround away from the seat runner on the front r/h side just forward of the seat belt fixing. It is a plastic surround that is attached to the carpet. Once bent away I just filled the gap with a small piece of silicon hose to stop it clipping back on. As the seat flexes the plastic creaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom