• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Creaking from front brakes. W211 E270cdi

MACHBUFFET

Car
X164 GL 350cdi Blue Efficiency
Recently I've noticed a creaking sound from the front offside brake.
The noise occurs when stopping and when stationary. If I stop the car and apply/release the brakes it still happens.
I had a mate sit in and depress - release the brake and it's definitely coming from the caliper area.
The piston seems to move and the pads/discs are genuine MB, and have plenty of life left in them.
The car doesn't pull at all and stops straight.
I've checked the mounting bolts and they seem secure.
I haven't taken the pads out for copper slip yet as from reading the forums, there seems to be an issue with the SBC and the dangers associated if it activates with the pads out.

It's getting progressively louder and doing me head in.
Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
:wallbash:

I think the first thing I'd do is whip the pads out, clean them up, clean the calipers and then refit with plenty of the correct MB grease.

Check out listings re breaking springs

Might be worth looking at postings of breaking front springs WHEN PARKED.
I'd really think twice about working at the wheel arch area when it Collapses.
Mine went BANG tonight front has completely collapsed.
It may not be in anyway connected but it is clear that it is a common problem W211 collapsing springs. Just perhaps.. structure fatigue causing youe noise.
Hope not. Worth checking tho'

Cheers
Yerda

I think the first thing I'd do is whip the pads out, clean them up, clean the calipers and then refit with plenty of the correct MB grease.

Ditto since this is almost certainly the cause of your problem.This winter's road conditions have tended to make such problems worse. Make sure the caliper surfaces the brake pad backing plates slide on are clean and free from corrosion.
Please read the following and only if you are a happy you know exactly what you are doing continue:- http://tech.bentleypublishers.com/s...2177/W211 SBC Brake Disable_Enable Without ST ARDiagnosis.pdf

There are other posts about this if you do a search on the net

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom