Creaky Windows in a CLK!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriswt

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C320cdi Sport, S-Max 2.0T Titanium Sport, 1974 Triumph Stag (needing restoration)
Not sure if this is a technical question or not but does anyone who has a W208 CLK find that their driver and passenger windows creak when partially open?

When I go over anything but a completely smooth road the windows creak very loudly (I assume its against the rubber window seals) and I’m worried that the windows are under some kind of strain and might crack or shatter.

Is this normal or does something need replacing or fixing at considerable expense?

NB. The thought of ‘creaky windows’ put the song ‘Steamy Windows’ by Tina Turner in my head and I can’t get it out!! :crazy:

I have similar problem with my 208. Drivers window creaks terribly on opening and closing, with occasional "thump" sound going over bumps.

Any ideas??

Our ML did it, and IIRC the dealer lubricated some seals. Not a lasting solution though I'm afraid.

I spray ptfe down the cracks in my w208 it stops the creaking and occasional stalling window operation in the wet but tends to smear the window..

If you think the noise is coming from the window contacting the seal then I've used vaseline before.....it also stops leaks if that's an issue.

yes my CLK did the same from what i remember. i never looked into fixing it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom