Diesel EGR delete mod

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've just checked again for my own sanity and there is definately nothing preventing him from posting other than his own choice not to do so.

That much he's even said himself.

As you say, he was a credit to the forum and a mine of information so it is a shame really.

If he really can't login then I'm happy to try and troubleshoot and assist where I can but I suspect that you are not interpreting what he is saying accurately.

I've just installed a mod for my S-Max to do exactly the same thing. A small aluminium plate installed in the return pipe to stop the exhaust gases coming back round.

Only installed a day, but early results are promising - much earlier Turbo spool up and able to change up earlier without labouring. No fancy electronics involved, and literally two minutes to fit. Others have reported better MPG, but only time will tell on that one.

Oh, and not sure about anyone else but I thought DM very knowledgeable, but also a bit of a troll. I guess some people don't like his spikey know it all nature.

Oh, and not sure about anyone else but I thought DM very knowledgeable, but also a bit of a troll. I guess some people don't like his spikey know it all nature.

Nothing to do with that at all. The Admin blocked my access.

I'd be really interested in an 'EGR mod kit' if there's one available? Or a set of 'how to' photos?? Thanks!

its all there at the begining of thread,follow it carefully and it works perfectly,ive done 3 now,really good mod on older 270s,

Hi fella's sorry to seem thick, what is classed as a facelift ?? mine is a 2003 is this the same mod for mine

Hi fella's sorry to seem thick, what is classed as a facelift ?? mine is a 2003 is this the same mod for mine

If it has vacuum operated EGR, then this will work.

I have just carried out this mod on my 2003 c270 cdi,,Wiring config as follows , EGR sensing wire is Yellow/Black,, Maf pin 5 is Yellow /White and i took 12v suply from the EGR supply which is also Yellow /White but is easliy indentified as it is entwined with the EGR sensing cable. The car is a lot crisper and has a deeper intake roar. It has also cleared fault reading of EPC ,EL which was showing fault with EG recirculation low and Turbo activator circuit. So far a worthwhile modification.

Well done. It's good to hear it fixed some faults too.

Thanks Dieselman, but i took car for a spin earlier and the fault codes returned. I plugged it in and it showed Turbo wastegate control/ solenoid circuit. So taking a look at the Turbo control it looks identical to the EGR solenoid that i have just bypassed with the shunt kit. So I unplugged them both and sure enough they look identical. Swapped them over as they turned out to be the same unit ,i then cleared the codes. Test run proved very good,, car goes like it has never done before. So far so good, no codes,, only trouble is now, I cant keep my foot off the throttle.

As I have a 1998 c250td am I right in saying the egr can be blocked off or even taken off totally with throwing any faults up...

True. There is no MAF on a 1998 250TD.

ml270 egr delete

Dieselman
ive bought some resisitors at 470hm, i had to buy 10 not expensive.
Can i wire 2 of these in line to get the 1k ohm resistance? or do i need to get a 1k ohm resistor.

Many thanks

Len

Sorry to bump this thread but I am having EPC errors after cold start when flooring the accel to kickdown (seems to throw the error when the kickdown button is pressed, if I carefully accelerate to full without pressing the kickdown the EPC error does not appear. Also as the engine warms the EPC error doesn't show....... any ideas?? im thinking maybe changing the 470ohm resistor value slightly?
Many Thanks all!!

here is my installation description for my 2003 S203 C220 CDi.
I have installed the mod and impressed with the improvements (Big thanks to Dieselman for his work).

the connections were as follows:
MAF signal - the CPU plug 4 - Pin24, Yellow & White trace (assumed plug 1 nearest windscreen)
EGR act - CPU Plug 3 Pin 50, Yellow & Black trace
+12V - CPU Plug 3 pin 37, Yellow & White trace
note - the +12V and EGR Act are twisted pair.

The above is guide and is how my car is wired. I would suggest as it has been mentioned many times before that you confirm the cables with a meter or continuity tester.

I bought this car a few months ago as a cheap stand in while my S500 is out of action (and to save my fuel bill) and initially it was in limp with the M55 swirl flap problem.
long story short it quickly appeared maintenance had been neglected. After a service and filters the flaps were removed with bolts to plug the holes and after cleaning the EGR I pulled the vacuum pipe which left me with the car no longer in limp but Star showed EGR error and there was a lot of black smoke at acceleration which was worse some times than others, I felt like the turbo may not be giving its full effort and especially when cold if I floored the accelerator the dash would intermittently show EPC error until I released the accelerator and at times (when it felt like) acceleration was very week with loads of black smoke with no dash alerts or star errors apart from the EGR.

After installing this mod I noticed an IMMEDIATE improvement, there is a lot less smoke on acceleration (although there is still some at full accel), there is a lot more power. very happy chappy :)

problem I still seem to be left with when I took it for its first run after the mod is when I floored the accelerator to the kickdown sw the EPC error showed although it seemed to improve as the engine warmed.
I also got the reported turbo lag when pulling away from standstill but thats a small price to pay for the huge improvements the mod has made!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom