Discount on top of MBUK offer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mgarvey

Car
Skoda Octavia Scout
The current campaign offer on the C-Class is looking good. I was looking at the C180 Exec SE about a month ago and my local dealer was offering a C180 Exec SE auto with heated seats, mirror pack and Becker Nav at a discount of £2k and finance at 5.9% APR. Not brilliant but considering I hadn't even tried to haggle at that point not bad.

Now the car is on MBUK offer at 4.9% APR with a £3k retailer contribution.

My question is to what extent MBUK pick up the cost of the dealer contribution, since if the dealer isn't taking this out of their margin I could presumably get the £3k MBUK saving plus a dealer discount, making the deal look rather attractive!

Does nobody know?

Only one way to find out, go haggle at a MB dealer :)

Funnily enough the dealer contribution comes from their dealer margin.... leaving them with a thin backend volume bonus to shoot for.

Broadspeed ( car brokers) say about £4k off a C class. Would need to check how that interacts with a good APR.

Dealers vary on price. Play a few off against each other.

From experience if you can get 12-15% off the list price, you are doing good.

drivethedeal.com are showing a discount of £4766 (£23,769) on the car spec'd above. The cars are supplied by main dealers so you'll probably get the 4.9% finance too.

I recently got a deal for a C250 CDI Coupe with dealer paying about £5900 (current promotional offer has the car at £4667 dealer deposit) which I thought was a very good deal, so if you haggle, it certainly is possible.

drivethedeal.com are showing a discount of £4766 (£23,769) on the car spec'd above. The cars are supplied by main dealers so you'll probably get the 4.9% finance too.

...and if you buy through them you won't get 2hrs of hassle about paint protection, GAP, etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom