• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Does anyone else feel their car comes alive in damp/wet conditions

c_200k

MB Enthusiast
Car
ML63
I don't know how to describe it but I feel like the car comes alive when it's damp/wet.

It's much more enjoyable to drive.:devil:

Lol ^^^^ with that much Torque I'm not surprised

If by alive you mean mental then yes. Keeping 520 mad horses at bay in the dry is hard enough. In the wet its slidetastic :)

cooler ambient temp, freezing misty conditions are best but you need under road heating!

Tony.

cooler ambient temp, freezing misty conditions are best but you need under road heating!

Tony.

Hot dry days are also fine as long as you fit whacking great Front Mounter Intercooler. Then you get the best of both worlds. Loads of grip and your engine also runs at full potential :)

Mind you it's not the NA engines that tend to have any problems in the hot weather. It's the turbo charged cars that suffer with the ECU backing off the power when the engine gets too hot.

Last edited:
Mind you it's not the NA engines that tend to have any problems in the hot weather. It's the turbo charged cars that suffer with the ECU backing off the power when the engine gets too hot.

The supercharged engines suffer too, especially if the pulley and remap has been done. GingerE55 (Tony) went to great pains to get his cooling sorted before modifying.

The supercharged engines suffer too, especially if the pulley and remap has been done. GingerE55 (Tony) went to great pains to get his cooling sorted before modifying.

I must admit I didn't even think about the super charged boys. Damn if 700 bhp isn't enough they all want moooooore :eek:

Dry and cold for me, the flashing triangle just tells me what a cr%p driver i am and the car stopping me hit a tree, hedge,ditch.......

Straight line torque for me:D

Tony.

Agreed, we can't wait for winter here in Abu Dhabi - I hate to think how many horse power we are currently down on our 557hp - with daytime shade temperatures between 41 and 44 centigrade!!
Cheers
Steve

Yes. I was most amused that my first wet drive in my C63 came almost 2 and a half weeks after I bought it. Does that mean it's officially summer?
Anyway, I've ventured into "Sport Handling Mode" in the dry and the wet now and my cheesy grin just gets wider and wider.
God I LOVE this car.

Better drivers enjoy worse conditions.

dont no? it doesnt get wet lol

anyone who cant drive with the traction of with an AMG in the rain or snow wears girly pants :)

I can't drive with the traction off in the dry, bloody thing just wants to go sideways all the time and thats with an LSD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom