• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

DPF Delete - Advantages and Disadvantages

mbenz1

MB Enthusiast
Car
'08 C320 CDI Sport w/ Advcd. Agility Package
Hi everyone

My dad has recently had interest on a 2009 (59) W212 E350 CDI Saloon with 40000 miles, for sale. We checked the vehicle's data-card on the Mercedes-Benz UK website and have also checked with their call centre and both confirmed that the car has a DPF. I am still curious since a car with a DPF should have spotless exaust tail pipes, but by looking at the pictures, the insides of the exhausts seem to be black. (I heard that you can check if a car has a DPF by swiping your finger around the inside of the exhaust and black soot should appear on the finger)??

I am 95% sure that my curiosity is wrong, so could anyone shine some light about the pros and cons of having a DPF delete done on this specific model?

Also:

Would the engine re-map (after DPF delete) increase or decrease any technical engine parameters, like power etc... and would this cause the engine to become louder inside the cabin?

Does the DPF stay under the car once it has been deleted in the ECU and would a DPF delete effect the EGR system in anyway?

If future regulations include DPF testing in MOT's, what would be the correct action to take (assuming that the DPF was deleted from the ECU before)? (Can the DPF be re-activated?)

Would this effect the warranty on the car (non-MB dealer)?

Since my dad does mainly town (stop-start) driving, a diesel car with a DPF gives me the shivers, after reading all the problematic stories on these forums... even the RAC websites states clearly that a diesel car with a DPF is not reccomended.

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom