• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

DVD burning Nero

x332race

MB Enthusiast
I have just acquired a DVD RW off ebay and have installed it ok.....can play DVDs ok on Microsoft but how do I burn DVDs......

Nero seems to be the most recommended software, but what version do I need 7.0, 8.0, 9.0??...there also seems to be something called "Nero Essentials" would I get away with that?

I am only really looking to copy video from my camcorder, probably 20 mins at a go, and not really high quality either (not HD).

Any advice??

Nero 8 is very easy to use and user friendly with hints and tips

Is Nero the programme to go for or are there others to consider....are there any free programmes to consider seeing that all I want to do is burn DVD's of my own video?

If all you are doing is burning home video's why not just use windows media player?:dk:

Nero 9 is the latest version and is very good. Burning DVD'd is very easy and straightforward, plus you also get a host of other useful features. I use my version a lot.

If you buy it online, there is also a patch to download as some versions had installation issues.

If all you are doing is burning home video's why not just use windows media player?:dk:

Didn't realise Windows Media Player was capable of doing this....have looked into it and it seems that I might not be able to burn DVDs capable of being played on the DVD player below my TV....is this the case?.....guess I will need to do a test to see.

I was under the impression that Windows Media Player can burn data on to a DVD disk, but it can not burn DVD formated video for use in a DVD player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom