Dynavin instal in a 2003 CLK W209

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Are you saying you want NO music playing when in NAV mode??

If so, i had this same problem.

To rectify it, before switching to NAV mode, hit the AUX botton, then NAV. YOu will then have peacefull bliss!

craig...no...I want music in Navi. BT streaming doesnt seem to work - but iPod/USB connections do (although your solution is quite interesting for silencing the Navi!)

next problem is trying to find a bloody map for Hong Kong, where I'm based. I have igo8 installed and went to the naviextras.com website to download a map...they make u download this Toolbox software which is meant to recognise your device (a SD card in a card reader in this case), but the Toolbox doesnt seem to recognise it. Seems a common problem with naviextras.com.

Anyone know where to download some maps?...

I have just bought a Dynavin MBC for the facelift models... Thanks for your tip on the GPS antenna a great place to hide it without having it on show.

I went to install mine today but looks like they sent me the wrong canbus control unit so have to wait for a replacement.

Dynavin dont do a unit for the facelift CLK. The facelift W203 C Class and facelift CLK audio units are not the exact same size and shape. The unit Dynavin do is for facelift C Class.

Dynavin dont do a unit for the facelift CLK. The facelift W203 C Class and facelift CLK audio units are not the exact same size and shape. The unit Dynavin do is for facelift C Class.

I've been told that the Dynavin MBC (for C Class facelift) does fit the CLK facelift also.
I think there is like an extra mm or so gap on the left side

Last edited:
Well Dynavin themself dont even list the W209 CLK on the MBC page. If they have made the unit a bit smaller than the original it will hopefully fit. The OEM facelift C Class stereo will not fit a facelift CLK.

I remember seeing it discussed on a US forum. This was the thread. Dynavin Navigation for W209 - Page 6 - MBWorld.org Forums

I hope it does fit otherwise I have wasted my money!

This link shows they do but you have filled me with doubt now! lol
REFURBISHED DYNAVIN SATNAV Mercedes C Class W203 W209 COMMAND | eBay

TTints are a UK reseller, not Dynavin themself.

Sorry but if it doesnt fit you should get a full refund anyway as they have wrongly advised you. Just point to the above thread on the US forum where a member has posted a reply from Dynavin Germany regarding fitment and point out that Dynavin's site doesnt list it. dynavin

Last edited:
TTints are a UK reseller, not Dynavin themself.

Sorry but if it doesnt fit you should get a full refund anyway as they have wrongly advised you. Just point to the above thread on the US forum where a member has posted a reply from Dynavin Germany regarding fitment and point out that Dynavin's site doesnt list it. dynavin

I didn't but it from TTints I got it from another seller just used this as a reference point.
Your right I have not found anything official from Dynavin to say it does fit.

As said above I have been sent a wrong connection so cant test it yet however I will try and fit the unit in the morning to see if it even fits... Will let you know how I get on

I didn't but it from TTints I got it from another seller just used this as a reference point.
Your right I have not found anything official from Dynavin to say it does fit.

As said above I have been sent a wrong connection so cant test it yet however I will try and fit the unit in the morning to see if it even fits... Will let you know how I get on

If you look online at the Dynavin forum site,there is a pic of a unit in a facelift 209.It looks as if it is about a 2mm wider each side.Maybe you could dremel the sides,in fact this is what TTints told me they do when they fit them and they go in ok.

I originally had my GPS antennae where you have it and it got pretty good reception, but i moved it up under the centre of the grille on the dash and got even better reception. It was only 10 minutes or so to route the cable down through the heater ducts to the unit. Definitely worth it IMO.

I'll be interested to know if you still rate the sound quality on par with the likes of alpine and pioneer once you upgrade the speakers.

If you look online at the Dynavin forum site,there is a pic of a unit in a facelift 209.It looks as if it is about a 2mm wider each side.Maybe you could dremel the sides,in fact this is what TTints told me they do when they fit them and they go in ok.

Right an update....
When I got the unit it came with the wrong canbus control unit.
The company I bought it off told me to contact TTints as they are their distributor and it came to me from them.

I went down and they gave me the correct wiring and canbus unit.

Speaking about install they said that I will need to modify the unit a little however it will fit as they have fitted loads.

They showed me what needed to be done and it is:
1. The top screw holes will not match up in the CLK and stick out so will prevent the unit for going in... They advised to cut them off completely.
2. The unit is about 1.5-2 mm too big on the sides to overcome this they advised not to modify the unit... They said that there are 4 screws that hold the plastic cadge in, they said if you loosen them a few turns each it should be enough to squeeze the head unit in. They said it will be a tight fit however once screwed in it will be fine.

I have not had time to install it I am off work during the week so will have a go at the above and do a write up on it.

Right an update....
The company I bought it off told me to contact TTints as they are their distributor and it came to me from them.

Speaking about install they said that I will need to modify the unit a little however it will fit as they have fitted loads.

1. The top screw holes will not match up in the CLK and stick out so will prevent the unit for going in... They advised to cut them off completely.
2. The unit is about 1.5-2 mm too big on the sides to overcome this they advised not to modify the unit... They said that there are 4 screws that hold the plastic cadge in, they said if you loosen them a few turns each it should be enough to squeeze the head unit in. They said it will be a tight fit however once screwed in it will be fine.

I have not had time to install it I am off work during the week so will have a go at the above and do a write up on it.

I would like to see a picture of the final install if that is possible.Fancy the same thing myself

Right an update....

This sounds like a complete bodge. You should'nt have to cut mounting lugs off.

Do they not do a proper W209 unit?

Last edited:
This sounds like a complete bodge. You should'nt have to cut mounting lugs off.

Do they not do a proper W209 unit?

I have not cut them yet... Dynavin do NOT make a unit for the facelift W209 so this is the only way... Don't worry I'm going to make sure it looks good

I originally had my GPS antennae where you have it and it got pretty good reception, but i moved it up under the centre of the grille on the dash and got even better reception. It was only 10 minutes or so to route the cable down through the heater ducts to the unit. Definitely worth it IMO.

How would you say is the easiest way to access this point?
Can you access from the bottom or do you have to take the grill off from the top?

Pop the grill off from the top, drop the gps cable down between the ducting...it'll all become clear once you remove the grille and original stereo.

Have done some googling about these units and only read bad reviews so far from various forums...hope you have better luck. If they were around 3 years ago (or i had known about them) i would have fitted one and from the sounds of it been very disappointed.

Will be watching this thread like a hawk to see the outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom