• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Dynavin instal in a 2003 CLK W209

Pop the grill off from the top, drop the gps cable down between the ducting...it'll all become clear once you remove the grille and original stereo.

Have done some googling about these units and only read bad reviews so far from various forums...hope you have better luck. If they were around 3 years ago (or i had known about them) i would have fitted one and from the sounds of it been very disappointed.

Will be watching this thread like a hawk to see the outcome.

Cheers mate I will give it a go once I finish my night shifts!

Hopefully it will be easy to do.

I already have the official MB iPod dock & Parrot CK3000 Bluetooth which the MB control unit (so it looks and works OEM) however neither work great on the iPhone so thought I'd change them.

Also I ONLY paid £170 (cash) for the unit and comes with a 12 month warranty so I can't really complain

For that kind of money its worth a punt. You could always re sell it and get your money back in sure. In theory its what every owner wants.
Original looks, upgraded capabilities/technology. Not so appealing if there is a savrafice of quality.

I have not cut them yet... Dynavin do NOT make a unit for the facelift W209 so this is the only way... Don't worry I'm going to make sure it looks good

The problem is that the W203 audio shape is not the same as the W209 one so it wont physically fit properly. It is similar but not the same. Many people fitting Comand units make this mistake. Also, how are you going to secure it in place if there are no fixing holes?

Hi Alfie, i presume you did see this picture?
ec1f344304f4c21bmed.jpg

Obviously i'm sure you've seen the 203 comand in the 209 as well so know how that fits first hand.
Although it may not be perfect and as good as the proper comand unit, it is still a big improvement on most of the double din kits out there for the alpines, pioneers etc of this world...
You get what you pay for...this case is no exception.

I have not cut them yet... Dynavin do NOT make a unit for the facelift W209 so this is the only way... Don't worry I'm going to make sure it looks good

Have a look on the american site.It has a picture of a W203 and a 209 unit and it shows the mounting lugs as only one of them being half a hole out

Hi Alfie, i presume you did see this picture?
ec1f344304f4c21bmed.jpg

Obviously i'm sure you've seen the 203 comand in the 209 as well so know how that fits first hand.
Although it may not be perfect and as good as the proper comand unit, it is still a big improvement on most of the double din kits out there for the alpines, pioneers etc of this world...
You get what you pay for...this case is no exception.

Yep i've seen them :(

You can see the gap at the side and the fact its too big at the top. In my opinion it looks wedged in (which it is of course). Yuk. However, each to his own.

Right back to the drawing board for me... I have installed it but the gap is very very very tight so it is kind of like wedged in and currently neither the climate control or the top control sit properly.
The only way I can see it fitting properly is to shave the ends off the head unit or off the dash however I am not prepared to do that.

Also the iPod control DOES NOT automatically resume for example if you turn the ignition or head unit off or disconnect the iPod so you have to get through all the playlist again.

I have decided I am going to sell the Dynavin back on eBay, it has lots of warranty left so should make someone happy.

I am now going to install my Audio 20 head unit back in with my official Mercedes iPod control.
The reason I wanted to upgrade it was because I could not navigate through the iPod for playlist ETC and it was installed in the glove box. I will now get a proper leather cradle/holder and install it so it is in arms reach so I can change the playlist if I need to by touching it.

The only other thing I need to do is get a bluetooth hand free kit.
I did have the Parrot CK3000 with the Mercedes steering wheel control which worked great and look OEM however found connecting issues with the iPhone 4 as it kept loosing connection. The forums show this is common for the CK3000 and iPhone 4.
I think I will just get the CK3100 as that seems to work fine and you can also upgrade the firmware on it.
There is no point for me going for the higher model Parrots as I won't need to music feature as I have the iPod dock.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Right back to the drawing board for me... I have installed it but the gap is very very very tight so it is kind of like wedged in and currently neither the climate control or the top control sit properly.
The only way I can see it fitting properly is to shave the ends off the head unit or off the dash however I am not prepared to do that.

Also the iPod control DOES NOT automatically resume for example if you turn the ignition or head unit off or disconnect the iPod so you have to get through all the playlist again.

I have decided I am going to sell the Dynavin back on eBay, it has lots of warranty left so should make someone happy.

I am now going to install my Audio 20 head unit back in with my official Mercedes iPod control.
The reason I wanted to upgrade it was because I could not navigate through the iPod for playlist ETC and it was installed in the glove box. I will now get a proper leather cradle/holder and install it so it is in arms reach so I can change the playlist if I need to by touching it.

The only other thing I need to do is get a bluetooth hand free kit.
I did have the Parrot CK3000 with the Mercedes steering wheel control which worked great and look OEM however found connecting issues with the iPhone 4 as it kept loosing connection. The forums show this is common for the CK3000 and iPhone 4.
I think I will just get the CK3100 as that seems to work fine and you can also upgrade the firmware on it.
There is no point for me going for the higher model Parrots as I won't need to music feature as I have the iPod dock.

Thanks everyone for your help.

You can get a Mercedes unit for bluetooth that clips into the centre console if your car is prewired for phone.Got mine off Ebay quite reasonable

You can get a Mercedes unit for bluetooth that clips into the centre console if your car is prewired for phone.Got mine off Ebay quite reasonable

You'r solution is the best but unfortunately I do not have the phone prepration pre-installed so I will need a complete kit.

You can control the Mercedes ipod via playlists etc from the steering wheel and instrument cluster. All you need are the phone buttons enabled.

Have you thought about a Fiscon Pro bluetooth kit? It will integrate as per factory and is very reasonably priced.

Happy to help you with the phone controls for your ipod and/or Fiscon.

Alfie, can Fiscon be used with pre-2005 W203s?

Supports :
Audio 20
APS50
Comand NTG1
Comand NTG2
Can be had for approx £300.

You can control the Mercedes ipod via playlists etc from the steering wheel and instrument cluster. All you need are the phone buttons enabled.

Have you thought about a Fiscon Pro bluetooth kit? It will integrate as per factory and is very reasonably priced.

Hi there... I though that to go through the playlists you have to have the phone system enabled?

I am happy with the iPod doc so will keep it.

Alfie I have looked at the Fiscon Basic bluetooth I have seen it for under £120 and think this should be ok and I can keep my current iPod control ETC.
Are they a good one to go for?
I like the fact they are integrated and look OEM.

Hi there... I though that to go through the playlists you have to have the phone system enabled?

I am happy with the iPod doc so will keep it.

Alfie I have looked at the Fiscon Basic bluetooth I have seen it for under £120 and think this should be ok and I can keep my current iPod control ETC.
Are they a good one to go for?
I like the fact they are integrated and look OEM.

The Fiscon Pro retails at £360 inc VAT. You may get it a bit cheaper (forum discount etc) or elsewhere. If you find it for £120 the its not new or its not a Pro version.

It does integrate very well for that OEM look/feel.

All you need for the ipod playlists/tracks etc in the cluster is the phone buttons being enabled. You do not need to actually have the phone kit itself.

The Fiscon Pro retails at £360 inc VAT. You may get it a bit cheaper (forum discount etc) or elsewhere. If you find it for £120 the its not new or its not a Pro version.

It does integrate very well for that OEM look/feel.

All you need for the ipod playlists/tracks etc in the cluster is the phone buttons being enabled. You do not need to actually have the phone kit itself.

Cheers Alfie,
I have read up and it looks like I cant use the Fiscon unit if I want to keep my current iPod controller.

The option to enable the buttons for the playlists... That's for the genuine MB kit right? It was fitted by them so I dont know why it has not been enabled. Maybe I will have to get this done.

As for bluetooth then I think I am just going to get a Parrot CK3100 and keep my original iPod kit

I have looked at your website... Do you do any after market bluetooth car kits?
If so I might as well come down and buy it from you and get the iPod/Phone buttons enabled at the same time.

I have looked at your website... Do you do any after market bluetooth car kits?
If so I might as well come down and buy it from you and get the iPod/Phone buttons enabled at the same time.

Yes we do all sorts of kits from Fiscon, mCar and Parrot.

You can use the Fiscon with a genuine ipod kit concurrently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom