E Class 97' 230 - ABS / ETS sensors on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John Stewart

Hi folks,

The man who sold me the car works at Mercedes in the parts dept. The day we bought the car, the handbrake sensor was beeping, so he taped that up for a temporary fix to test drive the car.

Since then the new sensor for the hand/foot brake has solved that particular problem, but the Orange ABS / ETS lights keep on coming on after the car's been rollin' for about three feet.

So, we have had the car go through over 8hrs of intensive diagnostic testing (including the older testing machines for the 97' era) and still no soloution.

The man selling the car, providing he was telling the truth (remember he was trying to sell), would say all the wheel sensors should be ok, as the ABS / ETS lights only appreared when the parking sensor broke. She's only done 89'000 miles.

The guy that worked on the car had all the wheels off and 'blew them through' , what exactly that means - I don't know. I also saw another guy double (triple) checking all the corresponding wires did not have any breaks in them.

anybody with any suugestions will be more than welcome.

John Stewart

Bessbrook
Newry
N.Ireland

Make sure the car has the standard wheels on it and check that the tyre pressures are correct. Also check that the cruise works, it would also be worth measuring the resistance of each ABS sensor and seeing that the resistance fluctuates when the corresponding wheel is spun.

Welcome to the forum btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom