E55k - any thoughts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Overpriced and low spec, plus it's silver!

Silver wasn't my first choice either, but now I have one, I wouldn't swap it for a black one. I'd spend more time cleaning it than enjoying it;)

nothing wrong with silver ;)

seems pricey in current market

That one looks alot better, lower mileage and a more realistic price. Sadly it's silver but you can't always have it all lol.

Poxy Silver 211's one of every street corner lol:D

the 106k one is far to dear and low spec ive had 6 e55's 2 silver and four black ones and never struggled to sell the black ones but did struggle selling both the silver ones all were good specs and all less than 75k on them

Silver wasn't my first choice either, but now I have one, I wouldn't swap it for a black one. I'd spend more time cleaning it than enjoying it;)

Takes no more effort not to clean a black car as it does a silver one :)

The first 106k one is the later revised model with the centre mesh grill cover and the second 81k car is an earlier non revised slated grill cover version.

I was on the understanding the later revised model is a better one to go for....is that accurate or not much of a concern?

Colour to have:
W210 E55 in silver...
W211 E55 in black...

Amazing how a colour can suit one car so well and not the other, even though both models do look similar to a degree...

Thanks for the comments - I actually like silver ones :p

Not looking for 805 build especially. This one is only a few miles away so a good chance to look, drive and compare to a couple of not so great ones i've seen..

I also feel the price is high. The one on Autotrader looks nice though..

Takes no more effort not to clean a black car as it does a silver one :)

Quite so. But keeping a black one looking clean is the hard part. I live on a busy road and if the car isn't garaged even a light shower makes a black one look manky. I know, I've had black cars in the past.

Anyway, this is getting a bit silly so I'm done;)

Cazyp, have you ever driven a 55K-engined car, or something with similar performance? If not, you're likely to be smitten by the way it goes even if it's not quite 100%; they're firkin' quick... (Ah! On re-reading your last post I see you have. :doh:)

What I would consider doing is to go and see the one you put up, and if you like it, think very seriously about buying the forum member's car instead; it's cheaper, better-specified, and comes with a recommendation from a respected forum sponsor who has actually done work on it. That last would be a major selling point for me.

Quite so. But keeping a black one looking clean is the hard part. I live on a busy road and if the car isn't garaged even a light shower makes a black one look manky. I know, I've had black cars in the past.

Anyway, this is getting a bit silly so I'm done;)

I totally agree keeping a Black car clean is a mission. You really need to enjoy detailing for it to not do your head in.

Glad the op's eyes are open as a quick service will yield better examples. Of which that auto trader one looks a fine example.

Silver 54 on 106k @ £11k, my rse.

I was on the understanding the later revised model is a better one to go for....is that accurate or not much of a concern?

I was when I was looking but it seems certainly from here, those with 804s have no more or less grief than the 805s.

The big issue was supposed to be the wiring loom installation which was done by robots on 804s and changed to being done by humans on 805s as early ones were having electrical glitches.

Both 804s and 805s suffer more from not running at the right voltage (through duff alternator and / or batteries).

I'd not be concerned about buying an 804 no I know the above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom