ECU remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I believe they are still in development of a Stage 2 800 Nm file .
Holy cow! Can you imagine?!
Does stage 2 mean changing the Down pipe??

They don't actually do the tuning on dervs it's Big Fish Tuning !

Off MSL this morning. I asked if they still outsource the tuning:

Hi Matt

All work is performed on site in Birmingham, there were several workshops that we used to offer our mapping from but that has now ceased to be and we only offer our works from our Birmingham workshop.

Without casting aspersions on MSL in any way, does that actually mean that they only use maps that they have developed in-house, or that they now only remap cars at their Birmingham site?

Regarding dyno charts, I have the one for my E350 CDI - 322 hp and 719 nm. I see from my notes that GAD quoted a generic +30 bhp and +80 nm, 295 bhp and 700 nm, but I don't doubt that they, like MSL, quote the minimum they might achieve, and on my car would in practice have achieved much the same as MSL.

Without casting aspersions on MSL in any way, does that actually mean that they only use maps that they have developed in-house, or that they now only remap cars at their Birmingham site?

Regarding dyno charts, I have the one for my E350 CDI - 322 hp and 719 nm. I see from my notes that GAD quoted a generic +30 bhp and +80 nm, 295 bhp and 700 nm, but I don't doubt that they, like MSL, quote the minimum they might achieve, and on my car would in practice have achieved much the same as MSL.
Not sure if it’s there own (the website does indicate this) or they just carry out the work in brum...

ive contacted GAD yesterday but had no response yet. Take your point though on everyone under stating their figures.

Afternoon all,

apologies is already discussed on here...

i have a 2013 CLS 350 CDI. Can anyone recommend an ECU remap or chip tune etc ? Been quoted a 35bhp gain & 60nm torque. Does it Screw the ECU as the dealer warned me not to do such a thing as it screws them and you constantly have an engine management light on. And also invalidate the warranty! I have 3 mths left of the warranty!!
Those value sound about right to me from my experience. I had our ML remapped from BFT (same 350 engine as yours) end result of 303bhp. Compared to the stock quoted 265 bhp, so a 38bhp increase, BUT my car was already running at 273 bhp (IIRC) from factory, so my increase was less noticeable.

I am yet to get the CLS (350 2012) done. I would definitely get it on the RR prior to the remap, so you can see what your cars actual output is oppose to the quoted 265bhp.

Would highly recommend BFT :thumb:

Those value sound about right to me from my experience. I had our ML remapped from BFT (same 350 engine as yours) end result of 303bhp. Compared to the stock quoted 265 bhp, so a 38bhp increase, BUT my car was already running at 273 bhp (IIRC) from factory, so my increase was less noticeable.

I am yet to get the CLS (350 2012) done. I would definitely get it on the RR prior to the remap, so you can see what your cars actual output is oppose to the quoted 265bhp.

Cool. Thanks for that.. where are BFT based?

Not sure if it’s there own (the website does indicate this) or they just carry out the work in brum...

ive contacted GAD yesterday but had no response yet. Take your point though on everyone under stating their figures.
Off MSL:

Hi Matt

Indeed, we only do custom maps, we do not do generic off the shelf maps.

Kind regards,
Andrew Middleton
Sales & Marketing

logo_black-1.png

Abe. I also have a Ml350 which I am thinking of getting a stage 1 remap.Did you see any change at all in your ML,was there any improvement in MPG. I do a lot of towing with a twin axle van so was hoping it would improve the towing ability and fuel efficiency. Or in your opinion is it just not worth the money.

Abe. I also have a Ml350 which I am thinking of getting a stage 1 remap.Did you see any change at all in your ML,was there any improvement in MPG. I do a lot of towing with a twin axle van so was hoping it would improve the towing ability and fuel efficiency. Or in your opinion is it just not worth the money.
Sorry I can't help you with respect to the difference when towing. I did see an improvement with both performance and a marginal increase in MPG. For me, it was definitely worth the money.

Thanks for the reply.I’m booked in with Dynoremaps at Middlesbrough (was Stockton).

Thanks for the reply.I’m booked in with Dynoremaps at Middlesbrough (was Stockton).
Sorry again for the delay, just hadn't been on here for a while. As you are very local, you are more than welcome to meet up and try our ML out and see the difference for yourself.

Thanks for the offer,it’s much appreciated but I’m happy to go ahead with the remap.

Have a look at Celtic Tuning. I've used them for remaps on other cars, pretty good figures and been going a long time.
They also can come to you and do it at home or work.

^ very naughty company .

Their dyno often can be 'generous' so a stock car can be say 15 bhp over and so the remapped results will be too .

But what is naughty is that they quote from the manufacturers figures and not their rich dyno figures making the gain difference very market leading...

Fortunately sometimes they provide the dyno plot and figures for all to see !!

Perhaps slightly less 'naughty' than they used to be. I had my SLK remapped by them; I couldn't really feel any difference, but it's an n/a M113 already in AMG tune, so I wasn't expecting to do so. Worth a punt for £300, I thought.

When they did the job (on the drive), they claimed 395 bhp, but had no dyno sheet available; they now publish a generic dyno sheet, and surprise surprise, claim ten bhp less than before - now 385.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom