Eurocharged Re-map Before/After Dyno Chart?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RickMM

Car
C63 Saloon
Hi,

I’m interested in the Eurocharged re-map (V.5 or V.6) for the W204 C63.
Can anyone post up or point me in the direction of an independent before / after dyno graph of power and torque overlaid on the same chart?
I’ve seen plenty of them on separate graphs, but not overlaid from an independent source (i.e. not the Eurocharged site).

I’m aware that there’s more to the re-map than just power and torque (driveability, throttle response, etc.) but it would be good to see them on the same chart.

Some folk claim that torque is boosted throughout the entire rev range, but others say the gains are all at the upper end (which kind of makes sense if it’s mostly about enabling the throttle bodies to fully open?).

Thanks

The power kicks in around 4- 4,500 rpm. I found the sharpened throttle response made the car quite jerky especially in traffic.

Thanks Rob.
Looking at that suggests that the real gains are all in the mid/upper end of the rev range?

Thanks Rob.
Looking at that suggests that the real gains are all in the mid/upper end of the rev range?

I wouldn't want the gains any lower, as it's about on the limit of lively low down and keeps it driveable. The car thinks nothing of breaking free the tyres.

Thanks Rob.

And entirely in keeping with now fully opened throttle bodies and why everyone knew that the M156 was a 520+bhp engine all the time, but just restricted in stock form to make room for special editions. Below 4,500/5000rpm the engines will feel broadly the same, unless other parameters have been optimised during the mapping to suit.

Hope this helps, this is my C63 following an MSL Remap, the figures are at "At the Wheels" so if you want to work out the engine (Flywheel) figures then MSL work on +18%.

Car is a late 2013 C63 AMG with 10k miles from new.

Ended up with an MSL Remap (Not Eurocharged) and Secondary Decat and Resonator Removal. Power run was taken prior to decat and resonator removal. Over the moon with the power delivery, but "may" need the resonator refitted. Just getting too many looks in town which prevents me using to power due to the noise. Have to get some advice from MSL. Simply great service by Acid and his staff at MSL, wish everywhere was the same to save me a two hundred mile drive, but MSL makes it worth the effort. Only great things to say. Hope you haven't ditched my resonator.......... LOL :doh:

Last edited:
Thanks Jim.
That's interesting because you've clearly got gains right across the rev range (although more up top).
Don't know whether that would be due to the decat and resonator removal allowing easier breathing in addition to the remap?

Hope this helps, this is my C63 following an MSL Remap, the figures are at "At the Wheels" so if you want to work out the engine (Flywheel) figures then MSL work on +18%.

Car is a late 2013 C63 AMG with 10k miles from new.

Ended up with an MSL Remap (Not Eurocharged) and Secondary Decat and Resonator Removal. Power run was taken prior to decat and resonator removal. Over the moon with the power delivery, but "may" need the resonator refitted. Just getting too many looks in town which prevents me using to power due to the noise. Have to get some advice from MSL. Simply great service by Acid and his staff at MSL, wish everywhere was the same to save me a two hundred mile drive, but MSL makes it worth the effort. Only great things to say. Hope you haven't ditched my resonator.......... LOL :doh:

It is loud around town without resonator ain't it?

Don't worry. I am sure there are loads of resonators lying around in MSL.

Thanks Jim.
That's interesting because you've clearly got gains right across the rev range (although more up top).
Don't know whether that would be due to the decat and resonator removal allowing easier breathing in addition to the remap?

Dyno Session was done after mapping, but before Decat and Resonator Removal.

So results are purely from the mapping at this stage.

It is loud around town without resonator ain't it?

Don't worry. I am sure there are loads of resonators lying around in MSL.

LOL........ When we had the meet at Prestiege, did you have decat and resonators removed then...... Didn't sound too bad to me when I was behind you.

Dyno Session was done after mapping, but before Decat and Resonator Removal.

So results are purely from the mapping at this stage.

Can't argue with that, it is a very decent gain :thumb:
Presume driveability is still good (i.e. throttle control)?

What control !! :D

LOL........ When we had the meet at Prestiege, did you have decat and resonators removed then...... Didn't sound too bad to me when I was behind you.

I already have headers and sports cats. But I rewelded the resonator back on when I came back from MSL as I find that driving around in pompey was just too loud.

Extra unwanted cost! Haha!

Unfortunately............. I think I may have to do the same. As much as I like it, I just can't give it a blast where I want too........ Think I would be pulled within a day and once the car was known, that would spoil the driving fun.

Yes but it's MSL's specific version adapted from the standard Eurocharged map.

Yes but it's MSL's specific version adapted from the standard Eurocharged map.

I thought it was one of John's maps:dk:

Following a discussion with the guys there, I decided to go with MSL's own map, which they assured me was very similar to the Eurocharged Map.

No matter, it was a great gain and Jim is a happy bunny:thumb:

What is the main difference between msl's map and eurocharged?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom