Familiar E55 W211 Moved to New Home Further North

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone added an Oil Pressure gauge to their E55 M113K ?

Was thinking of branching one off the top where you do the Oil Pressure test and mounting an electric one within the engine bay.

Was thinking of branching one off the top where you do the Oil Pressure test and mounting an electric one within the engine bay.
Nearly, I had the same thought, I was going to put a little RED led warning light in a discreet area of the Dash as i dont like changing anything from stock with this one.

Nearly, I had the same thought, I was going to put a little RED led warning light in a discreet area of the Dash as i dont like changing anything from stock with this one.

I've had a little look.
M12 x 1.5 to 1/8 UNC on the engine, an adapter, flexi hose and a sender.
Then a wire into the cabin and locate a gauge in a suitable location.
I'd likely also fit a buzzer though that would sound when starting the car then go out.
If the pressure dropped buzzer would come on straight away.

I've seen some of the videos about the O ring in the Oil Pump and I am now paranoid. :)

Lol yep I was the same patt, I checked mine but never got around fitting a gauge.

she's still looking good Pat, glad to see your looking after her for me ;)

As for the wheels, I don't those had ever seen a refurb, all original., I use a good refurb place in Essex, but diamond cut wheels do start going milky at the slightest chip, all depends how hard the replacement lacquer is.

Wow, been a while since I've written anything in here.

Car removed from SORN on June 1st.

MOT today, no problems, less than 400 miles since last MOT.

Got a mark on the rear bumper (think kid has bumped it with bike/scooter).

Oil change and service next week.

Bumper being removed after this and off to body shop for respray.

I'm fitting one where the oil filter housing used to be. Part of converting to dry sump.

Side of the oil housing or front of the engine are the factory test points. Both can be used.

I'm fitting one where the oil filter housing used to be. Part of converting to dry sump.

Side of the oil housing or front of the engine are the factory test points. Both can be used.

Thanks, would be great to see some posts on your mods.

One of the parking sensors has some corrosio

Real pain trying to buy a 100% genuine Bosch sensor.
They don't make it easy to find an authorised agent and our local factors that deal with Bosch don't do sensors.

Ordered a "genuine" one but who knows.

Received the new Bosh parking sensor today.

Anyone care to guess if the one received is genuine?

Genuine Bosh sensor.

20210707_102525.jpg

Sensor received.
20210708_135702.jpg

Polished the exhaust tips today.

A lot easier with the bumper off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom