Familiar E55 W211 Moved to New Home Further North

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Polished headlights today as they were looking a bit poorly.

Checked for MOT and re-gas on the aircon as with this heat it is very much needed.

Polished headlights today as they were looking a bit poorly.

Checked for MOT and re-gas on the aircon as with this heat it is very much needed.

loved following this thread....
:) My headlights are getting done today as well as front bumper respray....i will have to get to the air con at some point but by the looks of today summer over...

Need to get a picture up of car, new MOT today valid till 2nd July 2021.
Earliest date I could take it, preserving expiry date.
No advisories and lots of compliments from the guys in the garage.

Aircon pressure was down by about 30%, flushed, checked for leaks anti bacterial treatment and refilled, blowing very cold now. :thumb:

Parked car up outside house last Thursday night.

Went to unlock it today, totally dead.

Battery at 8V, bummer, new battery required.

Better check alarm siren etc. to see what is being drawn.

i just had to replace the Aux Battery on mine, I was getting a Suspension symbol showing in the display despite no errors or lights.

These cars are so voltage sensitive.

i just had to replace the Aux Battery on mine, I was getting a Suspension symbol showing in the display despite no errors or lights.

These cars are so voltage sensitive.

They certainly are.
Checked the battery again today, took me more than 35 amps to get it to float above 10 volts to charge (off car).

Thought I'd start a thread on a well known W211 E55 that has found its way from Essex up to Central Scotland.

We had some fun after collecting it, we were picking something up from Wales as the package was described as being 100cm wide and our carrier wouldn't collect (another long story).
When we got there we found that it was actually only about 10cm, they got their mm & cm round the wrong way!
Still we got to drive a lot of miles through some great roads in the E55 which quickly got the nickname of "The Beast".

Here is the car after arrival home and a wash and rinse the next morning

View attachment 72806 View attachment 72807 View attachment 72808 View attachment 72809 View attachment 72810 View attachment 72811
absolute beauty! Doesn't look its age at all

I must have left the lowering module on again week before last.

Charged the battery up then measured the voltage at 12.99v disconnected from car.

20200704_181442.jpg

Left it disconnected over the weekend and measured again this morning at 13.04v

20200706_104417.jpg

Might have a look at the Lowering module and see if I can put this on a switched supply.
Thinking about it though I may not be able to as I guess the module has to "pass through" is it will spliced into the suspension and no power will mean that the car can't see the suspension feedback.

Hi Pat, will probably be the lowering module, put the live wire onto a switch to stop the drain. Alarm siren is under 2 years old so won't be that.

hope your all well !

Hi Pat, will probably be the lowering module, put the live wire onto a switch to stop the drain. Alarm siren is under 2 years old so won't be that.

hope your all well !

Hi Alps

Thanks, almost certainly me using the lowering module and leaving it on.
I've thought about putting the supply on a switched relay.
Not sure how this would affect the car though as the sensors are looped though the module so the module required power the the car to see them. Think it may throw faults if power is removed.

I just have to remember to switch it off and not leave the car for weeks without the conditioner on it. ;)

Hi Alps

Thanks, almost certainly me using the lowering module and leaving it on.
I've thought about putting the supply on a switched relay.
Not sure how this would affect the car though as the sensors are looped though the module so the module required power the the car to see them. Think it may throw faults if power is removed.

I just have to remember to switch it off and not leave the car for weeks without the conditioner on it. ;)

You may well be right, probably why it draws. bugger though as I think the newer modules don't draw no-where near as much, but they don't have a in car controller.

hope you and the family are well!

You may well be right, probably why it draws. bugger though as I think the newer modules don't draw no-where near as much, but they don't have a in car controller.

hope you and the family are well!

All good here thanks, hope you are well.

Had a look at the wiring for the lowering module and I'd have to put things through some switches or solid state relays, same with the canbus so that when powered down the module wouldn't pull the bus down.
One of the guys at work wants to make a little PCB with some sold state relays on it to wire in but I think I'll leave it for now, a lot easier just plugging car in or even driving it every other day. ;)

Had car out today and got the dreaded "Suspension Malfunction" message on the dash.

Quick check (iCarsoft) showed:

B24/4 Right Front Body Acceleration Sensor Zero Point Variation

Need to get Star on and have a look at all the level and acceleration sensors in real time.

Can't believe I haven't posted here for best part of 2 months!

I checked that Right Front Sensor, cleaned the connections and it has been good ever since. :thumb:

Been running car a few times a week and been great, about to do a full service on it next.

One thing I did get looked at the other day was the drivers seat bolster, it is a bit aged so I had one of these firms out to look at reviving it.

This is how it looked (the little white mark is just some wax that wiped off).

20200915_151823.jpg

After the guys have done their stuff it doesn't look aged anymore but the colour is not correct.

20200918_103157.jpg

They had a look at this again today and agreed it is not correct, coming back Monday to do another repair on it.

I really wanted to remove the seat and take it to a proper repair company to have them recovered but I just couldn't find anyone in Scotland that seemed to offer this service.

Have a word with forum member Bobby Dazzler, as I’m sure I remember him saying he bought an E55 seat to turn into an office chair, but never got around to it - you never know :)

Leather guys came back today and worked some magic, think they sent their experts this time. Much better.

20200921_180016.jpg

20200921_180016(1).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom