First car change in 15 years

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That’s what I mean, 34.8mpg average for someone with light throttle usage and about half motorway miles on a 1.5L engine isn’t all that great considering all the stop start/mild hybrid ‘EQ boost’ technology - it’s supposed to be designed with economy/efficiency in mind?

Older larger non-hybrid diesels would do far better than that, despite the emissions concerns. I guess it comes down to other costs involved with running either models (petrol/diesel) as the consumption figures aren’t great on this model.

I’ve always been more impressed with larger petrol engines that can average reasonably decent mpg personally, to me if you’re running a small 4-cylinder engine you probably want decent consumption to offset the lower performance otherwise I can’t see the appeal :)
Have to say I am a little disappointed with the mpg, especially having had 5 diesels previously. I had the old C200 2litre petrol on an extended test drive last year and the engine did seem a little more willing and less fidgety, not sure about the mpg though.
By the time I came to order one, the 2 litre unit had ceased production. Given that I was very particular about spec and colour, and wanted a petrol estate the only option was to order brand new.

Its legal , but not clever. Time and again I see some dupe doing 55 mph sandwiched between two HGV's in lane one thinking he is saving fuel, while I am thinking if this goes pear shape you are the meat in a 60 tonne sandwich.

Each to their own but this is probably the most boring thread I have ever read on this forum.

I'm out.

No-one is forcing you to read this. Being sandwiched is not my idea of fun either. Maybe your aggression would be better directed at the tailgating HGV driver?

Its legal , but not clever. Time and again I see some dupe doing 55 mph sandwiched between two HGV's in lane one thinking he is saving fuel, while I am thinking if this goes pear shape you are the meat in a 60 tonne sandwich.

Each to their own but this is probably the most boring thread I have ever read on this forum.

I'm out.

I can understand a fuel economy thread not having universal appeal. I feel the same about threads when someone is complaining about damaging their silly wheels with ribbon tyres. The forum would be boring if we were all of the same opinion about everything. For what it's worth I find that on motorways that aren't dead flat, which for me is all of them, fuel economy is worse at 55 than it is a higher speeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom