Folding Hard Top (4 seater)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you want a largish comfortable 4 seater then I guess the BMW or Volvo would be the two to look at. In the slightly smaller range the EOS supposedly is the quality one, but look at the EOS forums and you will see that they can leak like sieves and they are very expensive for what they are. Also look a bit dumpy IMO. I've had a Megane CC 2.0T Privilege from new. Comes with most of the bells and whistles you might need and can carry four adults. The back seats are a bit upright and when we have mum-in-law in the front and my wife sits in the back she has a little cusion to make it more comfortable on long journeys. But for what it is, and the price you pay, I reckon they take some beating. Don't believe all the baloney about Renault build quality, these days they are pretty well sorted.

Still prefer the SLK though ;)

Why people, we have been wasting our time. This is what the OP needs

They'll probably do it with a tin top if you throw enough money at them :D

Depending on the size of person that needs to be able to fit in the rear seats there is always the Lexus SC430.

Test drove one of these before buying my SLK. Was ok, but no usable rear leg room to speak of, even with me driving with my seat uncomfortably forward and I'm only 5'7"!
Apparently the rear seat is only fitted so it is not classed as sports car in America for insurance purposes.
Felt a bit ponderous to drive. Not exactly responsive handling, though quite comfy and more of a tourer than a performance car. Fanatastic stereo though!!

Thanks, have forwarded on this thread to him for his info - I think he'll more thank likely go for the Volvo - but we'll see :)

If you want a largish comfortable 4 seater then I guess the BMW or Volvo would be the two to look at. In the slightly smaller range the EOS supposedly is the quality one, but look at the EOS forums and you will see that they can leak like sieves and they are very expensive for what they are. Also look a bit dumpy IMO. I've had a Megane CC 2.0T Privilege from new. Comes with most of the bells and whistles you might need and can carry four adults. The back seats are a bit upright and when we have mum-in-law in the front and my wife sits in the back she has a little cusion to make it more comfortable on long journeys. But for what it is, and the price you pay, I reckon they take some beating. Don't believe all the baloney about Renault build quality, these days they are pretty well sorted.

Still prefer the SLK though ;)

I looked at the C70 and Eos when I changed my car last year. I discounted both for different reasons:

Eos - as stated above, leakes like a sieve and still not sorted apparently. Very expensive for what it is, ie a souped-up Golf.

C70 - impossible to drive with the roof down unless you keep the windows up (& what's the point of that?!). Aerodynamics must be flawed as the wind buffets into your eyes constantly, making it impossible to see where you're going - a disadvantage I find! Such a shame, as otherwise it's a lovely car, built well and gorgeous to look at.

Renault CC - suffice to say that our company has had such bed experiences with Renaults that they have sent them all back early and taken the lease penalties on the chin. Now off the list for us completely. That, and the fact that I'm not a leggy plastic blonde hairdresser ruled it out for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom