Formula 1 2020 (Will Contain Race Day Spoilers)

Mactech

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Audi A8 50 Tdi, Mazda MX~5, Land Rover Defender, VFR1200
It can’t be a coincidence that Ferrari and Ducati struggle to manage their teams...what links them🤔

Even Rossi couldn't get the Ducati MotoGP bike to work....
I suspect the fact they are both red and Italian is the only common factor.
Ducati have been run by Audi Sport for a few years now and have a strong bike. They didn't have that when Rossi was there.
I feel the problem over the last few years is they haven't had a 'alien' in the team like Marquez. Dovi is a really good rider, just not in the 'alien' catorgry like Stoner was.
Watch the Ducati over the next few races at circuits that will play to its strengths.
Watch out also for Miller and Bagnaia on the Ducatis, they are showing signs they might turn 'alien' as Quartararo has done for Yamaha.

bolidemichael

SUPPORTER
Car
S211 E500
mmm...... What if a white racing driver had done that?
I don't understand the point you are making or suggesting, but a foolish action is as significant to skin colour as it is to the colour of one's iris.

greenmanslk

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SLK
I suspect the fact they are both red and Italian is the only common factor.
Ducati have been run by Audi Sport for a few years now and have a strong bike. They didn't have that when Rossi was there.
I feel the problem over the last few years is they haven't had a 'alien' in the team like Marquez. Dovi is a really good rider, just not in the 'alien' catorgry like Stoner was.
Watch the Ducati over the next few races at circuits that will play to its strengths.
Watch out also for Miller and Bagnaia on the Ducatis, they are showing signs they might turn 'alien' as Quartararo has done for Yamaha.
Agreed - I was referencing the last 5 years or so, post Stoner, and playing to the stereotypical Italian chaos..

Surprised Audi didn’t take the reigns earlier but I guess they’ve been distracted recently...

on current form they might have found some aliens - I’m not sure Dovi is a shoe in.

Rorywquin

MB Enthusiast
Car
SL400 2017
I don't understand the point you are making or suggesting, but a foolish action is as significant to skin colour as it is to the colour of one's iris.
I'm guessing that there would be a bigger outcry and less forgiveness.

OP
OP
bob6600

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
^ He said he was feeling rough at the Hungarian race.
Hope he is back for the 2nd British GP.
I would think they have to self isolate for longer than that but happy to be corrected

Sub5

Car
AMG C43 Coupe

Sub5

Car
AMG C43 Coupe
On that note we should find out Saturday if reports are correct about Perez's contract clause

AMGeed

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2014 E63 Biturbo
^ I think you are correct Bob. 14 days isn't it?
Wonder who Racing Point will put in the car for the two races?

Sub5

Car
AMG C43 Coupe
^ I think you are correct Bob. 14 days isn't it?
Wonder who Racing Point will put in the car for the two races?
Vandoorne might get a shot. He's Mercedes reserve driver. They've got everything else of Mercedes....Not that I mind. But couldn't resist that one 😉

pmcgsmurf

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55 AMG W211, E250 Sport W212, E220 Avant. W211 (and some Imps)
Chance for the hulk to get a drive perhaps?

bolidemichael

SUPPORTER
Car
S211 E500
I think that it'd be awful if, at the pointy end, the WDC was determined by a driver having to miss a couple of races due to self isolation.

Mactech

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Audi A8 50 Tdi, Mazda MX~5, Land Rover Defender, VFR1200
I have sympathy for Perez. Unfortunately, not even F1 is immune to the realities of this Covidian era.
In his position, I might well be feeling sick if I was forced out of the team so that 'daddies boy' could be retained.

bolidemichael

SUPPORTER
Car
S211 E500
It is interesting though; there must have been a financial matrix agreed for constructors, should their ability to accrue points be compromised as a result of symptom-driven isolation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Top Bottom