Formula 1 2020 (Will Contain Race Day Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It is not often a team will put another driver in a car for FP as a test, is it?

I thought Russell was doing a good job

It is not often a team will put another driver in a car for FP as a test, is it?

I thought Russell was doing a good job

Teams do it fairly often. Kubica has fone 2x FP1 sessions this season I think.

Russell is doing an excellent job. The test could be to see if he's better than Latifi (another well funded driver), or a contingency if Russell gets an offer he can't refuse due to his excellent driving.

The teams who gave their intent to appeal had 96 hours and they all did...except McLaren and Williams. Coincidence that they will all be Mercedes powered cars next year?
Racing Point also appealed on their side of the argument. I think Stroll Snr's statement on Sunday showed how pissed off he was.

The Hulk is still in talks over next year and I hope he gets a seat. I read an article a few days ago in which Ross Brawn said that if Lewis hadn't signed for Mercedes, Hulk was their second choice. Forget the podium, he would have sure won a championship or two

The teams who gave their intent to appeal had 96 hours and they all did...except McLaren and Williams. Coincidence that they will all be Mercedes powered cars next year?
Racing Point also appealed on their side of the argument. I think Stroll Snr's statement on Sunday showed how pissed off he was.

The Hulk is still in talks over next year and I hope he gets a seat. I read an article a few days ago in which Ross Brawn said that if Lewis hadn't signed for Mercedes, Hulk was their second choice. Forget the podium, he would have sure won a championship or two
Hulk is very good, not sure if he's better than Rosberg or Bottas though.

Well MB has called F1 bluff and told them they will not be able to decide to take part next year at the date given by F1 and a few other teams have done the same,F1 is scrambling about trying to come up with a date that suits,there would seem to be some serious in fighting going on.

Well MB has called F1 bluff and told them they will not be able to decide to take part next year at the date given by F1 and a few other teams have done the same,F1 is scrambling about trying to come up with a date that suits,there would seem to be some serious in fighting going on.
Well, if MB get properly dragged into Ductgate, I think they are likely to strongly consider selling the F1 team and leave the sport.

In a sport where regulations and protests are now normal, there once was a Champion who was my boyhood hero.
Someone I actually met and chatted to at Oulton Park in the early Sixties. There will never be another like this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I met and chatted to Stirling Moss at Le Mans in 2009. He was sat in a classic Ferrari at the time, having a bit of a moan about the gearbox. Proper, proper gent.

I love the way drivers back in the day drove anything and everything they could. Even if he would like to, there's not much chance of seeing Lewis or indeed any of the current F1 drivers romping round Oulton Park in a Lotus Cortina one weekend, then going flat chat at Spa in an F1 car the next.

Perez to return and SV to get a new chassis.

It was good to see MV on the top step last week although I can see Merc running ahead this weekend, which is fine by me. Quite impressed with Albon last week too for pulling some great overtakes - sadly most weren't seen at the time as the director chose to point the cameras elswhere making it look a duller race than it actually was.

I found this article quite interesting:-

I'm unsure it will give the effect that the FIA want.

F1 stifling innovation and progress? Whatever next?

If it's not careful it'll end up down the same road as BTCC, penalising success in every race. What are they trying to achieve, every driver on the same points at season's end? How exciting:fail:

Whether you support MB or not, you can't penalise them just because they have done a better job than their competitors. Ferrari have stated that they don't have a qualy mode that is different to their race modes.

If they do ban these modes to close up the field in Qualy, then surely this will also ban different modes in the race when deploy extra power to defend or overtake (no more last lap Lando?). It seems a knee-jerk reaction.

I don't think it's because MB have done a good job, more that their beloved Ferrari are not very good right now. The suits and blazers seem to think the whole world wants Ferrari to win everything, and are happy to oblige.

No contest this year, the only person with a car capable of beating Lewis is Bottas and that isn't going well. may as well hand him the title now .

the only person with a car capable of beating Lewis is Bottas and that isn't going well
Valtteri can get close Lewis over a single lap - and indeed can sometimes better him - but seems to struggle to reliably keep his pace over a race (with notable exceptions). Hamilton and Verstappen are both good examples of why it's about the driver as well as the car and the strategy.

The race was as dull as ditch water though.

Another great result for LH. WTF for VB? 2nd to 3rd - he can't be happy with that.

As for MV! He's done so well. I use to think he wasn't all that but the guy can peddle but then how can his team mate be so far back? I think I like MV but equally, I dislike Horner more as time goes by. Is this just me?

Another record for LH. It must be hard for non Merc fans but to be fair they deserve it. Oh and SV to his team?

What a great middle field battle, well worth the watch. :thumb:

LH was in a different zone completely, boring to watch , maybe but one cannot take away from his utter commitment. Something SV seems to have lost?

Just goes to show just how important it is for a top team to have a top driver. Imagine VB teamed up with say Seb Ocon. I’d recon MV would be wining more races.

Lewis was different class today. Only MV and his teammate were in touching distance.
Very impressed with the way MV split the Mercedes and kept pushing Lewis. That Honda engine is very capable now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom