Frankfurt Hahn Airport Germany

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
Has anybody been through or used Frankfurt Han Airport recently? I have to go to Germany tomorrow and the only flight I can get is Ryanair ( deep joy) into Frankfurt Hahn so have had no option but to book this. I will arrive around 11pm at night so guess my questions are.

1) What is ground transportation Taxi/ Bus / train like from the airport?
2) How far from Frankfurt is it as I have had various information which conflict with each other, or more Importantly how far from Hidelburg is it which is where I'm going anyone any ideas? (google maps always over eggs it)
3) How far to drive would I be better with a hire car?

All comments welcome, thanks :)

I have been from Frankfurt centre to Heidelburg many times and at that time of night should be no more than an hour.

From Frankfurt Hahn though (which is nowhere near Frankfurt, probably 60-70km East of Frankfurt), I would guess at no more than 1.5 hours at that time of night, maybe less.

I have not normally had an issue getting a Taxi from Frankfurt main, but not sure about Hahn.

According to MapSource it's 97 miles and using my preset average speeds (I can generally marginally better the estimated time on German roads) it reckons on 1hr 36mins. Route is B50 > A61 > A6 > A656 > B37.

I have flown to Frankfurt Hahn quite a few times and getting a taxi from there was no problem and also there was a coach/bus service into Frankfurt AM Main,

Hope this helps,

Regads,

Terry.

I drive from, through and to Hahn on a weekly basis. It is in the middle of the Hunsruck, a remote and bleak area at the best of times. It is 115kms from the centre of Frankfurt and the only transport is bus or taxi but the latter would be über expensive. Journey time by car is about 1hr 15 mins depending on traffic but in rush hour you can add 20 minutes to that. Hahn Frankfurt and Heidelberg make a triangle. Bus takes about 1.5 hrs, to Frankfurt main station and from there it is one hour on the train. Trains are probably one or more per hour. Far more practical to hire a car and probably better than flying into the main Frankfurt airport with all its delays.

Just wanted to say a big thanks for the above posts which helped tremendously on my visit to Germany, It never ceases to amaze me the ammount of knowledge contained within this forum and the willingness of it's members to share that knowledge, I guess that why it is so good and the best out there.

Once again thanks guy's

Ian

Hahn? oh dear...worst ever airport. Way too far from Frankfurt. Taxis are around 80 euros. Have fun in Germany:)

Hahn? oh dear...worst ever airport. Way too far from Frankfurt. Taxis are around 80 euros. Have fun in Germany:)

Had fun in Germany I believe.

Had fun in Germany I believe.

Had lots of fun and might even end up with a new job out of it :bannana:

Hahn airport great and the hire car advice worked well, took me just over 90 mins to Hidelberg. Even better there was only 29 of us on a Ryanair 737-800 so fantastic flight too.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom