FS: Keyless Go Gear Knob..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

-V-

Car
190E
I have a brand new, nappa grey leather Keyless Go Gear Knob for sale.

This gear knob is originally for a W220 S-Class, but am quite sure that the W215 CL-series uses the same one. The R230 SL-Class is definitely different.

This can be used as a direct replacement or can be placed as a regular gear knob with little or no modification needed.

The gear knob can be modified to work on any Mercedes model in order to be able to use the push button on the gear knob, if it is wired correctly to the starter motor. It will still require the key to turn half way and then the button can be used to actually start the engine, or even with it all wired up the key can still be turned all the way which starts the car as normal.

keylessgoshiftknob.jpg

I am asking for £105 posted to your door. The gear knob retails at around £168 from the dealership.

I accept PayPal (+3.4% please) and personal cheque (although item will not be sent until cheque has cleared :) )

Please reply here or feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

:)

Come on lads, this has got to be the finishing touch to a modded W202.

Alps, C43, Mambo come on!

The wiring is exactly the same as wiring up a push button system.

I can provide you with the same write-up a friend of mine used to wire up an SL55 Keyless Go Gear Knob to his vehicle (wasn't a W202 though..)

However, because the gear knob I am selling is slightly different to the SL55 one, it may involve slightly more work in terms of the wiring into the gear knob. I would only carry out the whole wiring process if you are familiar with wiring and electrics.

I could just quite easily sell you the gear knob, but thought I would be honest here and explain exactly what needs to be done. :)

Remember, the gear knob can still be fitted as a 'regular' one.. but fully understand that having the push button feature makes it that much more.. :cool:

Hope that helps!

Bought a half wood/leather one off ebay USA for $62.

GrahamC230K said:
Come on lads, this has got to be the finishing touch to a modded W202.

Alps, C43, Mambo come on!

Wouldn't go with my "zebra" leather.....

-V- said:
The wiring is exactly the same as wiring up a push button system.

I can provide you with the same write-up a friend of mine used to wire up an SL55 Keyless Go Gear Knob to his vehicle (wasn't a W202 though..)

However, because the gear knob I am selling is slightly different to the SL55 one, it may involve slightly more work in terms of the wiring into the gear knob. I would only carry out the whole wiring process if you are familiar with wiring and electrics.

I could just quite easily sell you the gear knob, but thought I would be honest here and explain exactly what needs to be done. :)

Remember, the gear knob can still be fitted as a 'regular' one.. but fully understand that having the push button feature makes it that much more.. :cool:

Hope that helps!

Any chance of getting the write-up you have? I may be interested in this mod depending how much works needs to be done.

Many thanks

Sorry for the late reply - have been at the Nurburgring for the past week and just got back.. :)

Which vehicle is it to be fitted to?

The write up I have (for a W201 push-button setup) explains what needs to be done to different wires which are idenitifed by their colour. Not sure if the wire colours are the same across the Mercedes model range..

Anyone clarify whether they are the same or not? :confused:

Thanks!

Last edited:
If I can fit it onto a w202 C200 1999 then I would most definatley but this off you.

Can you send me the write-up you have? I can get a friend who is good with wiring to go over it and see if we can fit this.

Much apprceciated.

Thanks

No problem..

Will PM you the write up now..

cheers mate - looking forward to it. (now i won't be able to sleep until i read it!)

-V- said:
PM sent...

Hi mate,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - been doing some digging around and seeing if i'm able to do this mod.

I'm going to have to pass on the sale mate.

i just can't find a way to fit a leather gaiter onto the w202 auto gear shaft because the PRND is to close too it and the W/S mode switch. That's the only way i can see to hid the wire from the keyless gear knob to the relays.

Gutted :( :mad:

UniqueTouch - No problem. Like I said in the PM, the last thing I would want is for someone to buy a part off of me and find out that it's more hassle than it's worth! (Although there can never be too much hassle having a keyless-go shift knob in your car imo! :p :D )

OK Guys - I would like to close the sale before saturday 20th August.

I have an extremely busy schedule after this and unfortunately will not have time to sort things out with the gear knob.

Please PM me or reply here BEFORE tomorrow afternoon preferably if you would like to purchase the gear knob.

Thanks!

OK everyone,

Item is no longer for sale. :)

Thank you all for the interest.

Regards,
V.

:) :) :)

Last edited:
*** STILL AVAILABLE ***

1. I can't believe i've managed find this post after all these years!
2. The gear knob is still for sale!

I never managed to sell the item and have been in and out of the country since posting the original erm... post! I have found this gem still in the box in the spare room. I have just got off the phone to Mercedes and the price of the gear knob has rocketed!! £269.08 inc. VAT!

HOWEVER, I am still willing to sell the item for the original price of £105 inc. 1st class postage.

The item is BRAND NEW IN THE BOX and has only been removed from the box for the purpose of this photo.

I will accept PayPal (and prefer to use this method) but will also accept a personal cheque (gear knob will be posted once the cheque has cleared)

Hope this generates interest here. Any questions, please feel free to PM me. If you require further pics, I will be more than happy to supply them. The part number is for a W220 S-class but can fit other models with little or no work required. Please see the first post for more details.

Thanks!

Vishal.

**Previous Pic removed, i had uploaded the wrong picture (and have done in the first post too - apologies!) here are some pics of the actual gear knob that i am selling. Pics taken today:**

keylessgo1.jpg

keylessgo2.jpg

keylessgo3.jpg

keylessgo4.jpg

Last edited:
***** Item Now Sold *****

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom