gearbox problems losing gears

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lowclk

just had a gearbox put in my 230clk komp as the other gave up the ghost all of a sudden,however the replacment is not right,its is sometimes smooth in all gears apart from going in to 4th the revs seem to go slightly higher then goes into 4th not that smoothlyc,also sometimes it seems to feel like as if i riding the clutch from pull off even though its automatic,and its happened a few times that ive been driving along and as i let off the throttle to say go round a corner i put throttle back on and it acts as if its in neutral, i then pull over take it out of drive put it back in and its fine,any ideas what could be?cheers lee

As suggested, oil level check is first.

Change the oil!!!

My CLK started similar problems during last winter. Although it lessened as the summer came along, occasional 'gear loss' and high revving would still happen.
2 weeks ago, i had a full service done at my trusted local garage and explained the problem and the possible cure as found out by this very forum, interestingly, they had a similar problem back in the winter with another CLK and on contacting MB, a gearbox oil change was done and cured the problem.

Apparently, my gear oil came out like black treacle and was refilled with MB supplied correct grade....

The difference was noticeable straight away and nearly 100 miles on, its like driving a new car.

It won't last!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom