Giving my 2005 c class a 15 year facelift.. gone wrong

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You've certainly made the best of a bad situation...

It looks a bit odd / stands out to me as I can see it has the wrong bonnet but to the untrained eye, which arguably are the majority of people, it's fine.

yeh that is a good point, but if I have told them it is different so I have a leg to stand on. And also would they really send an engineer for a car that's worth max 1k?
No.

And it's not like you've insured it fully Comp have you?

And I'm impressed with attempt and bonnet number 2.
It looks less 'Barry' now :thumb:

They certainly would if there was a significant 3rd party claim involved. But undeclared mods would probably only void the cover on your car (unless they'd contributed towards the accident in some way, like the modified bonnet popping up for example).
yes I'm not too worried about the cover on my car 😂

No.

And it's not like you've insured it fully Comp have you?

And I'm impressed with attempt and bonnet number 2.
It looks less 'Barry' now :thumb:
Dont have fully comp. And what's barry?

Made me smile, brightened up my day. Hats off to you for trying & when it went wrong, trying again. Anyone who has modified cars probably made a mess somewhere unless its just a screw off, screw on job. You tried a major conversion with no prior knowledge or help. The final result looks fine. The people who try to knock your efforts probably never did anything in their life. Keep it up (just don't offer to mod my car:oops:👍)

Dont have fully comp.

Undeclared mods. will void your policy though, and IIRC there's a chance of being done for driving without valid insurance if the Police take an interest in your car for any reason. A current W205 front end on a 15 year old W203 is a pretty visible change if you know anything about Mercs!

Made me smile, brightened up my day. Hats off to you for trying & when it went wrong, trying again. Anyone who has modified cars probably made a mess somewhere unless its just a screw off, screw on job. You tried a major conversion with no prior knowledge or help. The final result looks fine. The people who try to knock your efforts probably never did anything in their life. Keep it up (just don't offer to mod my car:oops:👍)
Thanks! I think from now on I will stick to putting parts on which are made to fit. And definitely wont be working on other peoples cars dw

Undeclared mods. will void your policy though, and IIRC there's a chance of being done for driving without valid insurance if the Police take an interest in your car for any reason. A current W205 front end on a 15 year old W203 is a pretty visible change if you know anything about Mercs!
Its not undeclared tho as I have told them it has been modified? What do you suggest I do? send them pictures of what I have done, would that work?

Its not undeclared tho as I have told them it has been modified? What do you suggest I do? send them pictures of what I have done, would that work?

I would just give them a call and explain the further changes you've made i.e. bonnet, grille, headlights, etc. Also you mentioned fitting a 'facelift bumper' before - if not already clear that you used one from a different car (W205) then you should cover that. Facelift normally means a later style that was fitted to the same model of car.

As you say it's already classed as a 'modified car', so it's quite possible they won't want any further details. But so long as you've had the conversation with them you're covered!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom