GLC seatbelt failure & attempted MB cover up.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...having re-read it all again, it seems that it IS a legal require in the UK... i.e. children under 12 must be using a 'child restrain system'. The main difference between the owners manual and the law appears to be in that the MB manual says (not surprisingly) the the child restraint system must be 'MB approved', while the law obviously makes no reference to the car manufacturer's approval, only that they need to be 'EU approve' (now this will soon change...).

Loop holes a plenty. Our daughter is 11 but over 135cm tall.

I love having her beside me, especially on long journeys when we chat away endlessly. I hope the benefit outweighs the risks. :rolleyes:

zipdip said:
Well I agree one incident does not mean a recall,but I believe we need the Transport Minister to set up something to stop these large car manufacturers from just blanking us,on this club we have heard of faults that have been repaired free of charge abroad and just ignored here,of course it is just not Mercedes,I would think anything like that should incur say a £10 million pound fine,failure to recall unsafe cars well the sky's the limit,it is a sad fact that until companies are facing ruin they just do not put customers first,look at VW the yanks get a pay out us nothing.

Doesn't stop with cars. In Germany and other Euro lands you get a two year guarantee on everything . When you buy a new washing machine here the robbing ******s sell you extra years when in fact the second one already should exist. As they say on Dragons Den; "and for that reason I'm glad we're out!"

Loop holes a plenty. Our daughter is 11 but over 135cm tall.

I love having her beside me, especially on long journeys when we chat away endlessly. I hope the benefit outweighs the risks. :rolleyes:
Same here, I don't understand what age has to do with it. Surely it's the size of the person, such that they fit properly in the seat and the seat belt.
Doesn't stop with cars. In Germany and other Euro lands you get a two year guarantee on everything . When you buy a new washing machine here the robbing ******s sell you extra years when in fact the second one already should exist. As they say on Dragons Den; "and for that reason I'm glad we're out!"

Well have two years as well. I just don't get why people are so stupid to pay extra for it.

Joanne told the M.E.N. she turned down a compensation offer from Mercedes as it came with a confidentiality clause.

Which was no doubt driven by the usual:

Over the next two months, Joanne tried to contact bosses at Mercedes and Daimler dozens of times and branded the customer service department “the worst she had ever seen

So, as is usually the case, if Mercedes had been more proactive as opposed to the usual reactive, this case wouldn't have made the papers.

Doesn't stop with cars. In Germany and other Euro lands you get a two year guarantee on everything .

They don't have the same sort of quality and fit for purpose legislation as we do, which allows you to pursue claims for up to 5yrs.

In practice though, this can be hard to enforce. And I've never understood why it doesn't seem to be able to be used with cars - such that manufacturers can just shrug once a car is out of warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom