GLE 3l d engine seizure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@KillerHERTZ

Aint it time to stop folks signing up just to antagonise everyone?

Let them sign up, but.....before they can post lets have the email address and IP adress "checked" before they can post.

I don't post that much here but I really am thinking of bailing.
Poor Bruce mut be turning in his....

I don’t think it’s a wind up, I just think it’s a person who cannot accept responsibility for their own actions, doesn’t like to hear the truth or alternative points of view, and is seemingly never to blame for what goes wrong in life.

I wish them well but don’t take any offence at their postings as I suspect that anyone who gets in their way is probably treated the same! :)

I don’t think it’s a wind up, I just think it’s a person who cannot accept responsibility for their own actions, doesn’t like to hear the truth or alternative points of view, and is seemingly never to blame for what goes wrong in life.

So why don't they post the details........................

Actually lets forget about it, they are laughing at us.

Why would you expect a MB dealer to know the problem,there no different to anybody else you still have to strip to confirm! Which needs to be authorised
Hi , don't want to fall out with you but if the car is under a manufactures warranty you take the car in and collect it when repaired.

You have to remember too that they have the FL102RS fitted. Huge difference.

Hi , don't want to fall out with you but if the car is under a manufactures warranty you take the car in and collect it when repaired.
Warranty or not, you still have to authorise the work to investigate the cause of any issue you have. If the warranty covers the problem, no worries they pick up the tab, less any excess you might have. If they say it's not covered, you pay yourself

I've just had my transmission leak fixed after the gasket was over tighten by an MB TECH dec 2020 (Plymouth) the car is under warranty but not that part so after a few emails between the 2 main agents it was authorised to be sorted FOC but MB Lincoln originally said it was at my cost ,so its not a case of dropping the car off

I've just had my transmission leak fixed after the gasket was over tighten by an MB TECH dec 2020 (Plymouth) the car is under warranty but not that part so after a few emails between the 2 main agents it was authorised to be sorted FOC but MB Lincoln originally said it was at my cost ,so its not a case of dropping the car off
I never said it was, your issue was caused by a tech, so MB caused the issue & you would expect MB to pay. My post stated what you would expect any warranty company to do to establish the cause & whether they are liable for the repair costs.

I was referring to Boyband not you I agree with you 💯 on the warranty matter🙂

So why don't they post the details........................

Actually lets forget about it, they are laughing at us.
The stance of the OP seems to be "I have no idea of my responsibilities in terms of maintaining the warranty buy my rights should be maintained regardless.

I suppose the comment I made was a little flippent but the comment was comparing customer service from Japanese car brands against German customer service.

I have a Mitsubishi Pajero that is 26 years old and I received factory recall on that regarding the steering !

l am sorry if I caused you any annoyance and apologize for my comment.

My C207 is a really good car for my requirements and I must say the service I receive from my MB dealer is good.

Don't worry about it 👍

Late to the party... the OP has gone now.

But reading the first few posts, the dealer seems to be saying that ..."the Oil journal holes are blocked and the swarf has come from these two sets of bearing caps. The oil sample shows a large amount of debris from the bearing failure."

So what they are in fact saying that the oil starvation and lubrication issues evident throughout the engine are the result of the bearing caps breaking? Not the cause? The key question is why the bearing caps failed, setting in motion a chain of events that ended up destroying the engine.

None of the above points conclusively to poor quality oil. And you'd expect both low oil level and low oil pressure to show up on the dash (and on STAR during the subsequent investigation).

It sounds to me as either incorrect oil was used during the previous service by mistake (less likely), or the failure is down to a manufacturing defect (more likely).

Last edited:
Even the wrong grade oil wouldn’t cause the engine to seize, it must be so difficult nowadays with modern lubricants to seize an engine. It must have been a component failure, especially if a warning was a absent on the dashboard. Or was a warning shown but carried on driving. The daughter in law had a flat tyre yesterday but carried on driving, even making on to the local Facebook Spotted page with her deflated driving. Result tyre ruined and new one needed.
Did the OP say she also seized a previous car.

The daughter in law had a flat tyre yesterday but carried on driving, even making on to the local Facebook Spotted page with her deflated driving. Result tyre ruined and new one needed.
My daughter asked what the elephants foot was on the dashboard? :)

It did take some thought to work out, low tyre pressure warning.

I have paid thousands in the past on repairs for cars. I once paid 7k for a seized engine on a 4 year old range rover
You got a bargain there. Range Rover engines are £9.5k & with main dealer fitting it costs up to £22k in total. I know this as a Range Rover owner, I am also on their forum & this is a recurring subject as with the 3 litre diesels there seems to be problems with crankshafts that seize at any mileage

Or was a warning shown but carried on driving.
It would seem the OP probably drove from August to December with the car telling her it was overdue a service and she was still unaware, therefore it is more than possible that she missed a warning light!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom