GLE 3l d engine seizure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can I please ask the OP to keep us up to date on what happens with this case? All to often someone appears on here with an issue, usually clutching at straws, and disappears off radar before we see the end result. I suspect in most cases it didn't go well for them or maybe it did, either way it will be nice to learn from their experiences instead of them dropping into here asking for advice and then taking offence when they don't get the answers they hoped for.

But what you say you’ve been told (in terms of the warranty) contradicts the specific wording of the terms and conditions - that is black and white. One person’s interpretation of a contract does not invalidate the terms by which you are bound, does it? What’s the point in having the policy wording if you can breach those terms with no consequence? As said before how is it fair on those who service their cars by the book and ultimately pay £££s to ensure that they are covered. It’s like driving with insurance and then complaining after you’ve had an accident, IMHO.

I mean it may not seem fair, which could be argued, but that is a legal challenge for you to make if such a case exists (you need need legal advice here) and you would not be claiming against a warranty whose terms you have stuck to.

As it stands currently MB have done nothing wrong in terms of the warranty, the wording is clear as stated above. You need to explore the options you have to persue this on other grounds - eg did the COVID extension from April 2020 still apply to yourself a year and a half later, etc.

I think if you’ve been communicating with MB in a similar fashion to your posts on this thread you may not have endeared yourself particularly well towards goodwill and support from them anyway.

Everyone here has wished you good luck but you seem unable to accept any wrongdoing on your part.

Thankyou, your argument re the specific nature of wording will certainly be helpful when disputing the 4K bill that they gave me due to investigating the failure, should it certainly come down to that very point, then that work never needed carrying out within their dealership and I should not be liable for that bill.

Let’s not forget I am disputing that bill at minimum.

I don’t believe my communication has been rude, I am pointing out that it simply does not come down to specific policy wording, if it did this case would be much simpler and it’s frustrating to have people on here keep on saying it. It is factually incorrect and really not helpful.

I think I’ve gone as far as I can on this forum though.

Thankyou so much for some of the very helpful advice, I will certainly be pushing for an independent report and having the oil examined as these will be extremely important to my case.

Take care everyone.

Please, keep us informed on your progress.
Apart from some of us being genuinely interested in how this progresses, there may be other aspects that crop up that we can help with.

Yet still the OP fails to post the Reg. No. or the VIN that was promissed yesterday.

By this stance no one who is qualified here can give an honest opinion.

Yet still the OP fails to post the Reg. No. or the VIN that was promissed yesterday.

By this stance no one who is qualified here can give an honest opinion.

Or even the engine type (first 3 digits of the engine number on the V5), which would be useful to know.

Or even the engine type (first 3 digits of the engine number on the V5), which would be useful to know.

The more I read I wonder if it is simply someone bored trying to wind people up consdidering....

....i say I genuinely didn’t realise that it being out of service could void the warranty....

Quite shocked that people don’t know this in a Mercedes forum.

So what I get from your comment is you have no idea what you’re talking about as you get your cars serviced on time-roger that.

The first service was late as it was due during the very first lockdown-argument stands.

Take care everyone.

Seems like someone just trying to wind people up and have a laugh at their end.

Pity as folks here are very quick to try and help and do try their best.

Threads like these are why more and more now I take my time before responding to new members.

I have found that the engine is I believe a C292.

mentioned earlier in the thread
I hope we get to hear the outcome on this

The 4K unauthorized bill to strip the engine rang the bulls droppings bell for me.
When my turbo was suspected of failing I had to authorise the £900 cost to strip the car and confirm it was the issue, understanding that if the warranty wouldn't cover it I would have to. I would imagine a £4k strip would have to be authorised in pretty much the same way.

When my turbo was suspected of failing I had to authorise the £900 cost to strip the car and confirm it was the issue, understanding that if the warranty wouldn't cover it I would have to. I would imagine a £4k strip would have to be authorised in pretty much the same way.
Hi , You would think that a Mercedes dealer would know what the problem is will a component failure and asking you to underwrite their finding is poor to say the very least.

PS was it the turbo ?

I wonder if the OP told the garage that they’d breached the terms and conditions of the MB warranty before they began work?

Should the garage pay the £4K bill themselves at no fault of their own because a customer attempted a claim from MB’s warranty having breached those T&Cs? Someone needs to pay their bill and I don’t see how they would be at fault there - customer surely is liable having authorised them to commence work? It would be no different for a vehicle outside of warranty due to age, no warranty or void warranty etc - customer surely is liable if the warranty is not valid?

Doesn’t seem to me that the OP will concede even the slightest of wrongdoing on their part, it’s all someone else’s fault it seems. Nothing to do with the technical issue itself that has occurred but the way in which they view responsibilities. Garage should have done this, members on here should know that, or don’t know what they’re talking about etc. But nothing about themselves not having bothered to get their presumably expensive and quite new car serviced correctly, must be someone else’s responsibility/fault… :rolleyes:

Sorry, I’ve lost almost all sympathy here. An awkward position to be in, but totally self inflicted - and easily avoided. Will be interesting to hear if they’re successful if they try to persue this further, I still think they will need luck and goodwill from MB to get something out of this :)

I wonder if the OP told the garage that they’d breached the terms and conditions of the MB warranty before they began work? .......

How would they be subject to any T&Cs not having ever entered into a contract with MB ?

Seriously folks, let's stop, this is just another stupid wind up to get us all posting.

Time a lot of us on here stopped trying to be so helpful to new members.
I know I now simply ignore all the silly requests. 😉

Best stick to the existing community and help each other out.

Hi , You would think that a Mercedes dealer would know what the problem is will a component failure and asking you to underwrite their finding is poor to say the very least.

PS was it the turbo ?
Why would you expect a MB dealer to know the problem,there no different to anybody else you still have to strip to confirm! Which needs to be authorised

I wonder if the OP told the garage that they’d breached the terms and conditions of the MB warranty before they began work?

Should the garage pay the £4K bill themselves at no fault of their own because a customer attempted a claim from MB’s warranty having breached those T&Cs? Someone needs to pay their bill and I don’t see how they would be at fault there - customer surely is liable having authorised them to commence work? It would be no different for a vehicle outside of warranty due to age, no warranty or void warranty etc - customer surely is liable if the warranty is not valid?

Doesn’t seem to me that the OP will concede even the slightest of wrongdoing on their part, it’s all someone else’s fault it seems. Nothing to do with the technical issue itself that has occurred but the way in which they view responsibilities. Garage should have done this, members on here should know that, or don’t know what they’re talking about etc. But nothing about themselves not having bothered to get their presumably expensive and quite new car serviced correctly, must be someone else’s responsibility/fault… :rolleyes:

Sorry, I’ve lost almost all sympathy here. An awkward position to be in, but totally self inflicted - and easily avoided. Will be interesting to hear if they’re successful if they try to persue this further, I still think they will need luck and goodwill from MB to get something out of this :)

Do you know what Will, I have already explained that I had absolutely no idea that having a late service would void a warranty. You’re talking about me attempting to make a claim though I breached a contract and taking responsibility but I would have to be aware of those responsibilities in order to knowingly attempt to breach that claim. I haven’t attempted to breach anything, in fact I wish it would have been over 3 years old as it would have been much less stressful and less costly to me.

I know you all here seem to not be able to fathom how somebody cannot know this information but I just didn’t. I am single mother with 3 children, I am disabled and what I’m finding out now, to my detriment, keeping on top of services has not been a priority. Had I known this information from the beginning, along with the information that the first service was late and that would impact wether or not I was covered by warranty, I would not have agreed to a 4K bill to strip the engine. Indeed I was told by Mercedes customer service themselves that late service could not void an entire warranty. Then he checked the database and said “and you had your first service at MB so that will go in your favour”, absolutely no mention of my warranty being completely voided.

Every single post you’ve posted banged on about in being terms and conditions etc however I’ve explained that that is not factually correct. I was then mislead and agreed to a 4K bill without full facts. This is the truth.

I do not shirk responsibilities, I have paid thousands in the past on repairs for cars. I once paid 7k for a seized engine on a 4 year old range rover 7 months after I purchased it which looking back I probably could have attempted to return to the dealer. However I believed it had no warranty and accepted it. It was unfair then and it’s unfair now because MB do not know what caused that failure.

This engine seizure is not down to oil quality, I will bet everything I have on it. That is a fundamental fact that you are missing, they do have to prove that the engine failed due to it not being maintained correctly, I will attempt to prove that that’s incorrect via an independent report.

It’s a shame the thread has gone this way as I was speaking to my friend and we were saying how lovely you all were for helping me. I honestly thought this would be an impartial forum but it’s just a cliquey nightmare. This was before the judgements as to why it hadn’t been serviced and remarks about you all maintaining yours perfectly, how I’m irresponsible and rude for pointing out that what you’re saying is not helpful, and of course the guy who thinks I’ve got time to make this very detailed saga up for shits and giggles (because you’ve all been such fun 😳).

Genuinely, Thankyou to the ones that have been helpful, I very much appreciate it. Will, you’ve been useless.

Again, take care everyone.

Im sorry but no 1 is this unlucky 😔 I post a range rover with seized engine now the OP has had 1 ? How much did you loose on that,now the merc goes bang there's far too many things that dont add up I hope im wrong but all this is a wind up IMO especially after the last post 🤔

La la la la la,,,,,,,,,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom