Goodwood Trackday 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks Simon and Ricky for th kind words; it was great catching up with you and thanks Simin for passenger laps :thumb:

And at least you guys bothered to wait for me. Which is more than I can say for RASHMAN!!! :mad:

:eek: lol!
Whoa!

Why am I getting the flack?! :crazy::doh:

I had no idea what time you were due to arrive.

You were missed bud :( and we were all talking about you and your expected arrival.

But it reached a time when we all needed to make a move home.

Really am sorry we weren't able to catch up with you and your latest purchase :(

I sincerely look forward to seeing you soon.

If you are around on the 18th May, put your name down for Ollie's meet. There are a great number of people going and it would be good to have you there, I'm sure the others would agree.

We'll get some meets going when spring/summer is with us.

:thumb:

Thanks Rash....don take me too seriously ;)

I arrived later than I'd have liked....guess my car just isn't fast enough ;). I can't make the May date as we're in the States but lets catch up soon....happy to do one of your Bluewater meets if you fancy arranging one?

I arrived later than I'd have liked....guess my car just isn't fast enough ;). I can't make the May date as we're in the States but lets catch up soon....happy to do one of your Bluewater meets if you fancy arranging one?

If the truth be known, I was worried you'd be cross we weren't there :(

I'm sorry bud. Really was looking forward to seeing you.

If there's anything that can't be blamed for your late arrival, it's your SLS! :rock:;)

I'll definitely sort out some meets. It's been too long since I last saw you. I think it was when you had your 911!

See you soon. :thumb:

It didn't end well for the Radical at all, it was left under as tarp when I went and I was one of the last. Quite a few offs today even though it was dry.

Great, but very cold day - thanks to all those who came, those who I spoke to and those I sadly did not.

I had a big bird strike in the last session after a previous near miss with a group of pigeons in an earlier session at around 140mph. I have a poor quality video which I am uploading as we speak - the carcass kind of spoiled the rest of the session as it was on the racing line so the yellow flags were out. You can here me chuckling in the video. Amazingly the bird stayed whole and the bumper is pretty much unmarked - maybe the extra wax helped it slide off Rash? I think I was lucky it was at one of the slowest parts of the circuit so was probably only 70-80mph - still quite a thump when it hit though but no mess.

Palmball, thanks for coming down - your car is wonderful, and even you did say it may be a 'keeper' ;)

The inury, very lucky considering. I know from experience after a stone pierced the side vent blanking plate that the parts will be circa £20 and the labour £250 as it is a bumper-off job to replace. The radiator/oil cooler thingymob looks fine.

8604447438_7e0a477fd4_b_d.jpg

S

Simon, did you actually see the damage to the Radical, the owner looked really cheesed off as they were cleaning up the track, I was hoping it was not as bad as it looked. Not overly sure what caused the incident, a car failure or driver error?

Palmball said:

I may try and put a Bluewater one together soon, would be great to hear the SLS in the under cover car park! :)

Simon, did you actually see the damage to the Radical, the owner looked really cheesed off as they were cleaning up the track, I was hoping it was not as bad as it looked. Not overly sure what caused the incident, a car failure or driver error?

No Ricky, it was too far away. But it was covered by a tarp so I think it was spending the night there. I can't speculate as to the cause, but to lose it on the straight having just come out of the pits I can only think it was either mechanical failure or too much throttle on cold tyres - he did give it plenty of beans off the line which I never see the point of apart from to impress spectators.

S

I never see the point of apart from to impress spectators.

S

giving it some out of the pits in a C63 ( certainly a non PPP ) wont impress for long, even with full traction on there is still considerable wheelspin to be had
i reckon half a dozen of those starts and even a set of michelins would be pretty secondhand

better to stab the throttle randomly in the paddock although very childish (chortle)

Sorry for the delay getting these pics up - been having PC problems!

Last edited:
Looks like I left just as all the fun started!

Got to say Ricky's car really looked good on the track, those BBS wheels really suit the car and those brakes! :thumb:

Has the other sides website gone down cannot seem to get on it

Great to meet you guys, thanks for making me feel welcome. Hopefully if the weather ever improves we can have more days like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom