Goodwood Trackday 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all you Goodwooders,

Back home safe 'n sound,

Great meeting all you guys, until the next time ....

Cheers CTR55
SL55 AMG

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

Great to meet you all today and hope everyone got home ok.

Rash is probably cleaning and polishing the sleet off as I type this!:eek:

Great day out-we should do it more often !

Nice meeting some more faces and cars today .

Thanks to Rashman for arranging it .

Great to meet you all today and hope everyone got home ok.

Rash is probably cleaning and polishing the sleet off as I type this!:eek:

You know Steve , don't you ...lol

pictures ?

The Caterham surrenders to Ricky's Mighty AMG

This was after seeing him do exactly the same to a McLaren MP4-12C

attachment.php

Last edited:
Yes that McLaren MP4-12C I forgot about that one, he also managed to keep the Radical behind him as well :lol:

Just to say a big thank you to all the guys that ventured out to Goodwood today to help keep Simon M and myself company, and believe me, it was absolutly freezing down there, so all the more very much appreciated, and great to see new and known faces and great cars, sorry i did not get to chat with you all, But big thanks to Rashman for organisng, and supplying the easter eggs! thanks Rash a kind gesture mate, and to Sav for sorting my suspension levels out, given I had been too lazy to read the instructions, to Lee for the tyre advice, my car ran alot better after that info and suspension help. Also to Eddie, he lasted out till 4ish, he must have been frozen, but great to chat to you. Lastly to Simon, thanks for your company and banter mate, as ever always enjoyable.
The day was not without its moments, in the morning a TVR went off side ways did all the offside in, then in last couple of sessions, a really nice Radical went off out of the pitlane, travelled about 150 yards, either lost it, or something went amiss, spun and went nose first into tyre wall, looked expensive, had only been chatting to the owner, (a friend of Gaz 1 here), really nice guy, so feel a little sorry for him, hope it was not as bad as it looked. Next session, I went out for the last time, came back with coolant leaking from under the car, great:mad:, and whilst pondering my selfishly diagnose bad luck, Simon, returned from his final jolly, asking 'did you notice anything at the front end' which I had not, apparently he had mowed down a totally innocent pheasent, resulting in a broken lower front grill, serves you right for driving to fast I thought:devil: (LOL) never did get past him.
Also like to say a thanks to Palmball, his wife and the SLS who turned up, big journey for them, but enjoyed out chats, thanks for popping down Andrew good to see you again.

As Olley asks, my car, apparently people are telling me my car looked quick, and sounds awesome apparently, but am unable to confirm either, as 1 I cannot hear it myself, and 2 it's not got it all together for me as yet, theres a really low flat spot, but there is a massive power band from 80 upwards, but need a Vmax to see how far that band goes and lasts! Had issue's today with my new tyres and suspension settings as said, and my troublesome brakes are still not 100%, plus I have a coolant leak now, cars! but a really enjoyable day out, thanks guys, (this radiator I am currently clinging to is a very nice radiator!) it was cold down there.

Simon, returned from his final jolly, asking 'did you notice anything at the front end' which I had not, apparently he had mowed down a totally innocent pheasent, resulting in a broken lower front grill, serves you right for driving to fast I thought:devil: (LOL) never did get past him.

At least he caught his dinner!!

Great to hear on your car that dropping the tyre preasure made it better but it was a cold day so track temp must have been low :D

Yes that McLaren MP4-12C I forgot about that one, he also managed to keep the Radical behind him as well :lol:

It didn't end well for the Radical at all, it was left under as tarp when I went and I was one of the last. Quite a few offs today even though it was dry.

Great, but very cold day - thanks to all those who came, those who I spoke to and those I sadly did not.

I had a big bird strike in the last session after a previous near miss with a group of pigeons in an earlier session at around 140mph. I have a poor quality video which I am uploading as we speak - the carcass kind of spoiled the rest of the session as it was on the racing line so the yellow flags were out. You can here me chuckling in the video. Amazingly the bird stayed whole and the bumper is pretty much unmarked - maybe the extra wax helped it slide off Rash? I think I was lucky it was at one of the slowest parts of the circuit so was probably only 70-80mph - still quite a thump when it hit though but no mess.

Palmball, thanks for coming down - your car is wonderful, and even you did say it may be a 'keeper' ;)

The inury, very lucky considering. I know from experience after a stone pierced the side vent blanking plate that the parts will be circa £20 and the labour £250 as it is a bumper-off job to replace. The radiator/oil cooler thingymob looks fine.

8604447438_7e0a477fd4_b_d.jpg

S

Last edited:
Really glad I got the 63 out and made the journey :thumb:
As I approached clackett, what did I see in the rear mirror?... Paul's monster bearing down on me! :eek: lol
Great that you made it :rock:

It was great to see you guys again and to meet some new faces :rock:

It was a great drive down with all of us in convoy... even if I was harassed by my friend in his Skyline who tried to flex his automotive muscles :rolleyes::devil:

Conditions were good - considering the weather we're having.

All was dry, with the odd pocket of snow flakes now and again.

Arrived at Goodwood to find the tunnel under-pass full of water :doh:

Drive through?.... Hell no! :eek:

So I held everyone up (back out onto the road) while I found a suitable place to park :D:eek:

Well I wasn't going to drive all that way to go though a lake! Lol:D

Mr Poseidon kindly came back to pick me up and then blasted through the lake!
Lol, fair play Paul :rock:

Great selection of cars down there and even better company.

Ricky's E55 was flying! :eek::rock:

Simon was ripping round the track in his normal fashion and his C63 sounded awesome!

Everyone's car looked awesome :rock:

The inury, very lucky considering. I know from experience after a stone pierced the side vent blanking plate that the parts will be circa £20 and the labour £250 as it is a bumper-off job to replace. The radiator/oil cooler thingymob looks fine.

8604447438_7e0a477fd4_b_d.jpg

S

I hope you get away with that, the cost of the lower mesh on an E55 is over £140 and that's without the clips, it can however be replaced without taking the bumper off :D

Hi Simon

lower front grille was £19
but fitting ...a considerable amount of the front of the car has to be removed to get at it
was approx £350 labour

MB and me split the bill

i paid for the grille MB covered the labour

get your best negotiating voice on !!

ive still got the old broken one - perhaps you can make one good one out of yours and mine?

Thanks Simon and Ricky for th kind words; it was great catching up with you and thanks Simin for passenger laps :thumb:

And at least you guys bothered to wait for me. Which is more than I can say for RASHMAN!!! :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom