Have you ever met anyone famous?

• Thread starter Deleted member 113659
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Quite a few politicians as I spend a lot of my time in various Westminster buildings, a few are quite nice and a couple I could even have a beer with, but most are ***** (thats a colloquialism for Richard)

Tim Burton - YouTuber Shmee150 - springs to mind as he posts as himself rather than anonymously.

I think The Dr is tricking us.

He’s Radio 2’s very own Terry Walton. ‘Lovely’

Spent time with a lot of foodies/chefs- on the whole most are okay.

I got one who did a pre-recorded interview for my daughter as part of her food tech class, part of which which included a dragons den segment.

I'm banking the brownie points I earned for that one...

Whilst I was an apprentice plumber I spent 2 years as part of the refurb team at the Connaught Hotel. I met and spoke to
Dirk Bogarde
Mel Brooks
Sean Connery

I’ve met, spoke with and done lead roofs for
Elton John
Jack Dee
Eric Clapton
Dire Straits manager Eddie Bicknell
Sting
I also worked on Buck Palace & Windsor Castle but never saw any royalty
An Emir of Kuwait
Michael Winner
Chrysalis records owner

In Skiathos over the years I’ve seen and spoken to
Michael Hutchence
Simon Le Bon
Whichever Fox brother is in the Day of the Jackal
Emilia Fox
Laurence Fox
Billy Piper
Actress that plays Janine Butcher
Maggie Philbin
The former Quatar prime-minister. I’ve been on his yacht Al Mirqab (google it)
Goldie Hawn
Kurt Russell
Kate Hudson

2 people on the list are probably the rudest people I’ve ever met. See if you can guess who.

My brother is very good mates with Billy Ocean and I’ve met him.

Billy Piper was fairly rude in ‘Secret Diary’s Of A Call Girl’. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody is going to surpass Darrell's list. Very impressive.
Luckily I'm not starstruck as I've only met Roger Federer at Abu Dhabi Airport and Vikki Butler-Henderson very recently at Haynes Motor Museum. Both very approachable people.
That is it....... Oh, had a few beers with comedian Mick Miller in a Guernsey club many years ago. Funny guy off stage too.

I was at the 2000 GP and got coated in mud from pushing a friends RWD car out a muddy field.

Sat in the car and Jay Kay walked by, looked in to see me covered in mud and found it most amusing.

Met Chris Greener (was the tallest guy in the UK) back in the 80s when I was around 10/11 - really nice bloke and unbelievably tall even though I was only 5ft then.

Spotted one of the actors from Bread once on a train a long time ago.

Also spotted the actor who plays Dev in Corrie in Manchester in the early noughties although I didn't watch it myself.

Various footballers John Hartson,, Chris Waddle.... Graham Poll... Alan Shearer.... Victoria Wood.

Which team did she play for?

Had lunch with Holly Vallance and husband, liked her didn’t like him much!

Was that just envy? :D

I seem to remember she married someone incredibly wealthy but that he is punching well above his weight.

Just looked at the photos of them on Google and see how many where she is leaning away.

Body language speaks volumes!

I was at the 2000 GP and got coated in mud from pushing a friends RWD car out a muddy field.

Sat in the car and Jay Kay walked by, looked in to see me covered in mud and found it most amusing.

Met Chris Greener (was the tallest guy in the UK) back in the 80s when I was around 10/11 - really nice bloke and unbelievably tall even though I was only 5ft then.

Spotted one of the actors from Bread once on a train a long time ago.

Also spotted the actor who plays Dev in Corrie in Manchester in the early noughties although I didn't watch it myself.

Which team did she play for?

Was that just envy? :D

I seem to remember she married someone incredibly wealthy but that he is punching well above his weight.

Just looked at the photos of them on Google and see how many where she is leaning away.

Body language speaks volumes!

She married one of the Candy brothers and yes not sure what attracted her to the multi-millionaire;) He seemed to think he was one of the Krays right down to whispering threats in your ear!

I have read he is a nasty piece of work at times.
He’s an ****hool.

We worked on his place in Windsor. It’s a stunning house with beautiful gardens, lakes and some other bizzare ornamental stuff. The garage was chock-full of Rollers & Bentleys, some of which he’s sold over the years.

He had a kind of Roman mausoleum type building built in his garden that had an enormous flat roof and a parapet wall on 3 sides that was all clad in sheet lead. If you’ve seen any photos of his poncy summer garden party in the tabloids, the structure we worked on is always the centrepiece.

I’m going back to about 1996.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom