HELP needed with TV tuner for CLK-200 (new)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Silkman

Hi all,

I need your help on this one:

I got a command unit from ebay for my 2003 CLK-200 (W209). I was able to find all the items needed for the Comand unit (eg. Adaptor cables - change the pins etc.) and managed to fit myself :) AND it works great – wheel buttons, phone and navigation included!

(Morons at MB dealership in Athens had no idea how to do it!)

I also bought a TV tuner (together with tv antenna) which I’ve connected to the command harness and lighter DIY ISO-power plug for testing and is also working.

Now my problem is WHERE IN THE CAR DO I PUT THE TV TUNER???? So far, I haven’t been able to find any MB documents regarding the installation of the TV tuner and the antenna. Also, wherever the tv tuner goes, there should be (or I should install one) an ISO power plug for it...

Your help will be most appreciated!!

George

PS: I live in Athens, Greece and the car is euro-spec.

The original MB TV tuner normally sits in the trunk, behind the trunkliner. You will probably have to find some brackets to get the tuner installed there.

greetingz,

BigSis

BigSis said:
The original MB TV tuner normally sits in the trunk, behind the trunkliner. You will probably have to find some brackets to get the tuner installed there.

greetingz,

BigSis
According to this,

http://www.ibex.co.uk/mbstuff/clk-tv-install.htm

the tuner sits in "door" panel beside rear right passenger.

This was the only information I was able to find in the web regarding its installation (quite poor imho).
Does anyone have any links with pictures or official MB installation instructions?

I also need advice re. ISO power cable - is it to be found somewhere or I need a new harness?

Cheers!

George

PS.: It's a small world it seems because I happen to be the seller in this ebay auction!

Silkman said:
According to this,

http://www.ibex.co.uk/mbstuff/clk-tv-install.htm

the tuner sits in "door" panel beside rear right passenger.

This was the only information I was able to find in the web regarding its installation (quite poor imho).
Does anyone have any links with pictures or official MB installation instructions?

I also need advice re. ISO power cable - is it to be found somewhere or I need a new harness?

Ignore that website. The W209 has only two positions. As BigSis said and also inside the reinforcement bar (in the trunk) for the cabrio.

If you use the factory loom it comes with a fuse link.

Morons at MB dealership in Athens had no idea how to do it?

Suprised really as more than a few in Athens know how, and would do it for you.

I am almost certain that the DC WIS has a retrofit guide for the TV tuner. Ask your dealer if he will print these for you. Probably wont but worth a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom