Help please! Contaminated Fuel 2021 E300 Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It’s 52 pages, its something to be aware of rather then worrying, I haven’t read anything about it happening in the UK.

Just another reason to pay for the warranty extension... Thanks for the heads up Benz17!

Sorry for the hijack OP just came across this within the thread, good luck with your car!

Well to coin a phrase ,"there is no smoke without fire"!
And above :-I haven’t read anything about it happening in the UK.
And to that I would state that "you would be the last to know about it ol' mate"!

What I will do is tell you that having worked in technical/engineering service for three manufactures you keep your trap shut about evolving serious defects.
In fact one manufacturer even today has you sign a confidential no disclosure. restrict comment form upon accepting an employment offer & that applies even to seemingly silly failure problems.

With more than than 20 years in the vehicle manufacturing business you deal with all sorts of what are seen as erroneous problems.
Different territories create different technical problems, sometimes serious issues, many costly to resolve !
A very British comment was "If it works here it will work in Yankeeland"! Often not

Then there are the debacles ;_ Mixing up manufacturers on such things as a Gleeson machine tool (made in the USA ) for a differential crown wheel (ring gear) and the matching part made on an Oerlikon machine (Swiss) for the pinion ! One makes a US designed involute tooth form the other a Euro spec one , in short no workee --US & Euro don't mix ! Whoops!
Then you have the Sudan export production and the BMC Woofer ! In short a very funny escapade but serious non the less with "legs out of bed" (connecting rods sheering )

And without making this a long novel like post and citing engine short of some profound design features & parts quality issues.
A tricky one that, and it was tantamount to bamboozling the customer base worldwide !
It prompted a German fleet engineer to state in frustration "I don't know how you British and those American cousins of yours ever won a war, both of you are SO disorganized".:wallbash:
To that I kept my trap shut and thought --We are cleverer than you might think! 👿
Tuercas Viejas

Last edited:

It prompted a German fleet engineer to state in frustration "I don't know how you British and those American cousins of yours ever won a war, both of you are SO disorganized".:wallbash:

We deal with manufacturers all over the world and the most arrogant, un customer focussed, disorganised bunch of people I'm had the displeasure to deal with are the Germans, so much so I have just kicked one manufacturer into touch this week!

I know where it is on my app, but I have the Mercedes me Adapter app, which is different to yours - someone with the newer Mercedes me 2020 app might be able to provide this info.
The new built in Mercedes Me app doesn't show refuelling like the older adapter did.
We just get to see fuel level/range.

We deal with manufacturers all over the world and the most arrogant, un customer focussed, disorganised bunch of people I'm had the displeasure to deal with are the Germans, so much so I have just kicked one manufacturer into touch this week!
I'd second that.

I have several German customers, they are not awful to deal with, don't get me wrong, they are very respectful towards all our staff.
But they are incredibly disorganised.

German efficiency - load of balls in my experience

The new built in Mercedes Me app doesn't show refuelling like the older adapter did.
Yes likewise in my 2017.

what is the Mercedes Me adapter?

We who have dealt with the Germans in business/technical have probably seen many sides of the so called German efficiency and they are not as good as most people expect them to be.
But that can be said of many races. Stereotyping works both ways I guess.

But this is not helping the OP . Thread hijack over. as you were.

A really long shot, but someone I know works for a car recycling plant (not a breakers). All the fuel tanks (and they do 10000 a month) are apparently drained into huge storage tanks, no matter what's in them. This "fuel" is available free of charge to some, on the basis that it's entirely at your risk. I would think that other facilities have similar systems. I wonder whether someone somewhere , has taken advantage of some free contaminated fuel to put in the Op's car? Purely a guess of course.

Yes likewise in my 2017.

what is the Mercedes Me adapter?
It was a thing you could plug into the diagnostic port, and then communicate a bit with the car using the Mercedes Me Adapter app on your phone
But it had very limited functionality though, bit of a gimmick maybe, and I believe Mercedes might have even gave them away for free in the end

We are getting off topic though, but to the original poster. I really hope you get sorted out here, because something stinks.

What maybe started as a genuine mistake, has developed into shit show, as the person responsible has already denied it, and it's gone too far now for a confession.
I know it's selfish but I'm glad it's not my problem, major catastrophe.

That's a shame...

Not just vandalism, some insurers will cover any damage caused by misfuelling under accidental damage. It is worth checking with your particular insurer.

This is my understanding as well.

Requires reading of the small print of the policy.

Then I would think this could be claimed under the policy in the absence of any other way out.

@Boyband Try reading the first post then

Mr Dallman joined on the 18th, last seen 20th.
There could be a few reasons why he doesn't need to return, but maybe he discovered the reason for the diesel.

Exactly, we see this a lot with new members, turn up, assure us their partner did hit the brakes (even though they were not there) and there was brake failure then never return to update us. ;)

How very enlightening.................. :wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom