• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

High Bmi ? Fat ? Overweight ? Beer belly ? On meds ?

Regarding Carbs.

For over 20 years now I’ve had a massive heat issue. I’m hot ALL the time. I sleep in the spare room most nights with the window open (even when it’s well below freezing). The Summer months are terrible especially when grafting at work. This is partly the reason why I love winter, I find life much easier when the weather is cold 🥶.

Having just done a month of massively reduced carbs both my core and surface temperature have reduced tenfold.

I understand the body’s need for carbs but for me it seems I’m better off without them.
If I remember my biology lessons carbs mess with your blood sugar levels which can cause an overheating effect.
It must be very debilitating for you Ant; a right result if you've found an answer to it 🤞

These are very similar to symptoms of the female menopause. (So my wife tells me)
That infamous cause of divorce and hybrid families.

I managed 39 minutes earlier....the time between eating the two Creme eggs I bought on the way to work!!
🤢
I am partial to the odd very occasional (🤥) high fat, high calorie, high sugar snackette, but really Creme Eggs are the work of Satan 😈

🤢
I am partial to the odd very occasional (🤥) high fat, high calorie, high sugar snackette, but really Creme Eggs are the work of Satan 😈
My girlfriend used to bring home 48 egg outers from the Cadbury factory shop.

They were bad enough, but then they started experimenting with different flavours: mint, orange, caramel....

Thank heavens I burned those "170 calorie suckers" off back in those 32 inch waist days.

I'd echo being careful with carbs day to day, but what we're really talking about here is refined carbs.

Crisps, sugar/sweet treats, bought bread, pasta, the junk breakfast cereals etc will hammer insulin response in most people.
A jacket potato or some rolled oats 2 or 3 times a week, not so much.

And more fundamentally is just calories in and weight control where the main risk factors reside.

Oh, doctor, yes I'm obese because I've got a jacket potato and grilled chicken breast obsession. I at 30 portions yesterday. Bu11sh!t!

It's high calorie (which generally means any form of processing other than gentle chopping or stirring) where the issue is.

It amuses me with all those well meaning friends and office colleagues when you're bringing pre-prepared macro balanced meals in the office. Oh, you're having peas!? There's too much sugar in peas, you should eat cauliflower leaves only.

Yeah, of course. All those obesity cases due to excessive garden pea consumption. Dream on and you keep enjoying your supermarket sandwich and Boost bar.

I'd echo being careful with carbs day to day, but what we're really talking about here is refined carbs.

Crisps, sugar/sweet treats, bought bread, pasta, the junk breakfast cereals etc will hammer insulin response in most people.
A jacket potato or some rolled oats 2 or 3 times a week, not so much.

And more fundamentally is just calories in and weight control where the main risk factors reside.

Oh, doctor, yes I'm obese because I've got a jacket potato and grilled chicken breast obsession. I at 30 portions yesterday. Bu11sh!t!

It's high calorie (which generally means any form of processing other than gentle chopping or stirring) where the issue is.

It amuses me with all those well meaning friends and office colleagues when you're bringing pre-prepared macro balanced meals in the office. Oh, you're having peas!? There's too much sugar in peas, you should eat cauliflower leaves only.

Yeah, of course. All those obesity cases due to excessive garden pea consumption. Dream on and you keep enjoying your supermarket sandwich and Boost bar.
Are you sure they're not taking the peas ?

LOL........only two ways to lose weight.....any one offering any other methods is talking BS and probably got a BS influencing website!

You either;
1 Eat less calories (fasting wont help if you eat tons in between)......you can count calories if you want....but if you cant be ****d then just make sure you eat less each week, the easiest way is smaller portions or just cutting out all the crap between meals if you are a worktime snacker like me.....the total calorie or total food intake each week is what matters.

2 Exercise more to burn off more calories and therefore fat..

.....or better still both.

My weight varies by about a stone and a half (12.5 to 14 stone....just under 6ft tall)....I feel uncomfortably fat at 14st tbh. When I put my mind to its its easy to lose it......no snacks and smaller portions does it for me...... unfortunately I used to lose it faster.....but knackered knees have virtually put pay to my running....which is a pity as I loved it and miss doing the Great South Run each year.........training for which is probably what killed my knees in the first place!!!!

Trying, but cannot see anything wrong with any of those.The word to add is of course "moderation"
I like crisps and consume maybe a big packet a fortnight, I am a liquorice addict and also partial to sweets,sliced white bread is an essential ingredient of a chip butty,struggling to find anything wrong with pasta but agree that muesli is junk.

Trying, but cannot see anything wrong with any of those.The word to add is of course "moderation"
I like crisps and consume maybe a big packet a fortnight, I am a liquorice addict and also partial to sweets,sliced white bread is an essential ingredient of a chip butty,struggling to find anything wrong with pasta but agree that muesli is junk.
The reason I said most people, is that everyone is different. But the key aim here is to not smash the pancreas into oblivion, which is clearly something the population as a whole is doing day in day out, year in year out, because the body reacts badly to large swings in blood sugar and the pancreas dumps insulin to try and get it under control. Processed foods are promoted in society and they can be afforded to be promoted because that is where the most money is made. But unfortunately, for any given processed carb in most people, it will give the pacreas a metaphorical kick in the guts. Which over years of continued abuse (? if that's the correct word) is a major risk factor for type 2 diabetes. The pancreas copes, and copes, and copes, and then is broken.
These foods are also typically loaded with calories, which tends to align with obesity, which for most people is an increasing trend.

Just trying to offer a bit of context and science behind the 'avoid carbs' simple generalisation.

Pretty much everyone with Type 2 is obese for those very reasons. Currently 90% of adults with type 2 diabetes are overweight or obese.

If one is ugly fasting can also improve your beauty.

LOL........only two ways to lose weight.....any one offering any other methods is talking BS and probably got a BS influencing website!

You either;
1 Eat less calories (fasting wont help if you eat tons in between)......you can count calories if you want....but if you cant be ****d then just make sure you eat less each week, the easiest way is smaller portions or just cutting out all the crap between meals if you are a worktime snacker like me.....the total calorie or total food intake each week is what matters.
2 Exercise more to burn off more calories and therefore fat..
Broadly true, but time restricted eating will limit the window for stuffing stuff in.

Sugar (from visible sugar or carbs) does spike your appetite for more food. (We can see people who just have to have a snack)

Skinny women are our guide. Check 'em out . You won't see them eating early in the day, snacking or living it large on food and drink of an evening.

Exercise for cardio and mental health: absolutely. But 300 calories from running half an hour? Makes me reach for a Guinness just thinking about it.

Pretty much everyone with Type 2 is obese for those very reasons. Currently 90% of adults with type 2 diabetes are overweight or obese.
While "just" 64% of adults are overweight or obese. (Each one getting heavier every year.)

But essentially that's only because overweight adults under 40 haven't become diabetic yet.

95% of all type 2 diabetics are over 40

Last edited:

High Bmi ? Fat ? Overweight ? Beer belly ? On meds ?​

Looked forward to this as I thought this was going to be a picture thread, like show us your AMG.:)
Turns out its weightwatchers, most disappointed:fail:🤬
TBH, probably as well it isn't a picture thread :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom