• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

High Bmi ? Fat ? Overweight ? Beer belly ? On meds ?

There are so many people out the front of their houses cheering people on. It really makes a difference

If you fancy it let me know because there’s an app where you can track me.
So, waddya reckon?

6 hours?

7 ?

Is past performance an indicator of future?

Doncha jist lurve a messianic obsessive!

Spend s lifetime worrying about BMI, cholesterol, fat intake and end up just as dead as the rest of us!

In the words of the late Bob M. Don't worry about a thing, cos every little thing gonna be alright!

Very well done but I have some questions? what kind of exercise did you do and are you much fitter? What was your weight then and now?
Have you started to put in back in again??

I was actually pretty fit for a 49 year old, but at the same time, very overweight, peaking at just under 130kg. I would walk an average of 15000 steps / day. I also lifted weights. I did not consider that I had a bad diet, but I just ate the wrong stuff at the wrong time.

To keep it simple, sugar is the problem. You can either consume it as sugar or your body will make it from carbs. Once it's in your bloodstream, your body will produce insulin which send a signal to store that sugar as fat. Depending on what you eat and how you eat, your body may never get a chance to stop making insulin and use the calories its storing. Fat does not spike insulin which is why keto and Atkins work and intermittent fasting gives your body a chance to deplete the glucose and make ketones which signal your body to release fat. At my lowest i got down to about 85kg and now hover between 85-92kg (although I just got back from 2 weeks in Barcelona and am terrified of getting on the scale). I now look fit but I would say that I'm not as strong as I was at 130kg, as in I cannot lift as much after this diet as I could before.

I still try to run every day and lift 2-3 times / week but at my age (now 50), what I eat is more important than how I exercise. My super power is that I can eat the same dish every day and not get bored which made it easy to figure out a plan and stick to it.

I was actually pretty fit for a 49 year old, but at the same time, very overweight, peaking at just under 130kg. I would walk an average of 15000 steps / day. I also lifted weights. I did not consider that I had a bad diet, but I just ate the wrong stuff at the wrong time.

To keep it simple, sugar is the problem. You can either consume it as sugar or your body will make it from carbs. Once it's in your bloodstream, your body will produce insulin which send a signal to store that sugar as fat. Depending on what you eat and how you eat, your body may never get a chance to stop making insulin and use the calories its storing. Fat does not spike insulin which is why keto and Atkins work and intermittent fasting gives your body a chance to deplete the glucose and make ketones which signal your body to release fat. At my lowest i got down to about 85kg and now hover between 85-92kg (although I just got back from 2 weeks in Barcelona and am terrified of getting on the scale). I now look fit but I would say that I'm not as strong as I was at 130kg, as in I cannot lift as much after this diet as I could before.

I still try to run every day and lift 2-3 times / week but at my age (now 50), what I eat is more important than how I exercise. My super power is that I can eat the same dish every day and not get bored which made it easy to figure out a plan and stick to it.
You were a big lad so well done for the weight loss.
This was me on Jan 2 which was the last time I was in the gym

Sugar in lager, chocolate and pretty much everything else is my downfall.
IMG_2620.jpeg

Yep, I don't know which is harder for me to believe now. Where I was then, or where I am now. I just felt that I was coming up to 50 and would not see 60 if I kept where I was.
The comical part was having to buy new clothes every month and giving all my clothes away to the goodwill store. I was wearing 42" waist trousers and am now 42" jacket and 32" trousers.

Spend s lifetime worrying about BMI, cholesterol, fat intake and end up just as dead as the rest of us!
You’re right about the ending up dead part but it’s how you get there that’s important.

I find that it’s normally extreme fat and unfit people that normally come out with those kind of statements.
The kind that can’t play with their grandchildren, get comfy on a plane, stink of that ‘fat’ smell, get diabetes, worry about having a heart attack, have massive life insurance premiums ,fill their families full of worry cos they’ll be dead before they’re 60 and most importantly are unable to get their leg over. The day I can’t see my **** because my gut is too big is the day I’ll give up on life.

Yep, I don't know which is harder for me to believe now. Where I was then, or where I am now. The comical part was having to buy new clothes every month and giving all my clothes away to the goodwill store. I was wearing 42" waist trousers and am now 42" jacket and 32" trousers.
32”!! Pretty good. 😁😁

You’re right about the ending up dead part but it’s how you get there that’s important.

I find that it’s normally extreme fat and unfit people that normally come out with those kind of statements.
The kind that can’t play with their grandchildren, get comfy on a plane, stink of that ‘fat’ smell, get diabetes, worry about having a heart attack, have massive life insurance premiums ,fill their families full of worry cos they’ll be dead before they’re 60 and most importantly are unable to get their leg over. The day I can’t see my **** because my gut is too big is the day I’ll give up on life.
I can’t see my **** & I have no gut. Maybe just a small **** then. 😁😁😁

For my parents’ generation it was smoking and industrial work that killed people before retirement at 65

Amongst my colleagues and friends death before 65 has all been weight related heart disease and cancer, apart from two suicides (Covid-19 and early retirement). Different times.

But folks must choose to live any way they like.

Better to eat curry and drink Cobra three times a week than still be alive but a bit ga ga in your Eighties.

IMG_2451.jpeg

Reactions: JHS

Never subscribed to the "how you get there" obsession and have found that those that do are the most boring.
I am 78 and, beyond the usual age related aches, am reasonably fit and healthy.
Not fat and unfit, grandkids now too big to play with,NEVER been comfortable on a plane(who has?), certainly don't stink of fat, or anything else, not diabetic,reasonable life insurance premiums,family have no reason to worry about me being dead by 60,and as for the leg over.......
Don't give up on life, think outside the box and use a mirror!

For my parents’ generation it was smoking and industrial work that killed people before retirement at 65

Amongst my colleagues and friends death before 65 has all been weight related heart disease and cancer, apart from two suicides (Covid-19 and early retirement). Different times.

But folks must choose to live any way they like.

Better to eat curry and drink Cobra three times a week than still be alive but a bit ga ga in your Eighties.

View attachment 152557
Why only 3 times a week?

What, before you pass out!?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom