How much do you pay for insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's good....car theft is usually affects your NCD (stays on your record for other insurance companies to see too) for five years. No protected NCD???
No still got my no claims bonus (was protected) but since the theft I notice every year the insurance premium does go down so hopefully December renewal will be cheaper than I paid this time.

No still got my no claims bonus (was protected) but since the theft I notice every year the insurance premium does go down so hopefully December renewal will be cheaper than I paid this time.
I dumped No Claims Protection after a friend had his car stolen. His NCB remained but his Premium went up dramatically. No Claims Protection is just another source of income for them, no advantage at all to the insured :(

Car C Class 180 the year 2009 KOMP BLUEEFF 1597cc 4 door. Just had our renewal. Last year £300+ this year. £500+, not exact figures, but approx £200 more? No accidents no claims last year age 81 so now 82

Car C Class 180 the year 2009 KOMP BLUEEFF 1597cc 4 door. Just had our renewal. Last year £300+ this year. £500+, not exact figures, but approx £200 more? No accidents no claims last year age 81 so now 82
Do you contest those figures with the insurer ? I always do, an increase of £200 for a clean driver sounds awfully strong :eek:

Well not as old as you and have not so far had a possible increase in car insurance being age related,but it might be they have loaded your premium because you have gone over some invisable limit they have in there quoting system,I would shop around,fill in a few of those online companies questionairs and see what they come up with.

Well not as old as you and have not so far had a possible increase in car insurance being age related,but it might be they have loaded your premium because you have gone over some invisable limit they have in there quoting system,I would shop around,fill in a few of those online companies questionairs and see what they come up with.
Well Lads. I think I have got to the bottom of this. October last year, we were on the right turn lights on Kents Elm Corner A127, following a car round in front, normally traffic carries on straight up the road, no reason to do what this one has done, so let's call it a BASH FOR CASH, stopped dead as he turned into the road, trust me I had a feeling, I missed him how the van behind me stopped God knows, he was off doing a U-turn like a rocket, so I phone Direct Line and said if there is any reported BASH FOR CASH at that spot, I have the reg of the vehicle on the Dash Cam, Phoned Direct Line today, you got it I am down as NON-BLAMBE ACCIDENT, so as I reported it, I pay ok idiot me.

I dumped No Claims Protection after a friend had his car stolen. His NCB remained but his Premium went up dramatically. No Claims Protection is just another source of income for them, no advantage at all to the insured :(
And it's often only valid with your current insurers.....when my wife hit a deer a new insurer would not recognise the protected NCD of another company and quoted accordingly, effectively trapping her with her current company.....

Last edited:
Ml63 amg 5.5tt, max no claims, 10 k a year,had 1 claim ever for a complete loss about 12 years ago ( tvr caught fire as I was driving, split fuel line,they all do that)
£480 fully comp with other vehicle extension.

When I put the other half on as a named driver,it was nearly half the price.

The cheapest I've ever paid for insurance was on a jag xjs 3.6 I purchased around 6 years ago,fully comp with breakdown, £96.

My sons neighbour paid about £100 more than he could of on his old 1.0 Focus....just to get a policy that avoids having to have the black box....I don't blame him to be honest. He also did not bother learning to drive until his early 20s....seems to be a thing now. He also said it was more likely to be his parents getting him on trouble than his driving!!! LOL!
The difference in my son's case was £647 with a black box and the next insurance without one was over £850, so he went with the black box option: It still hasn't arrived though, so at least he is getting used to a 'new' car without being monitored. I thought he'd be reluctant to have a box, but he'd rather save the money. I hope it means he'll drive more carefully too, since that's always a worry with a new driver, even at 23.

I did point out to my wife that if either of us drive it once the box comes we need to be extra careful as it wouldn't be fair if he gets bad feedback for our driving. I don't know if they monitor speed vs speed limits as it wouldn't be me that gets him in trouble for speeding. ;)

I just swapped my insurance off his Fiesta and onto a cheap Ford Ka I bought as a runabout and for when I play gigs, since I don't fancy leaving the C200 in some of the pub car parks we play at. Of course no refund on the lower insurance group, plus they charge £10 admin fee...fair enough, but then you realise that I did all their admin because it's on line and I typed all the changes in and not one of their staff. My wife didn't pay a penny to change her insurance from her old SLK to the C200 last month, so I guess it's down to who you're insured through: If I thought I'd be swapping cars often I'd make sure I went with her company, though I've forgotten which on it is at the moment.

I thought it would be interesting to know what other members pay for their insurance. I'll start off;
W211 320Cdi
16 years no claims
Me & wife
£370 FC
W208 clk 230 £199.fc me and the wife.

The whole thing is a con

I went down to 3 years NCB after a non fault accident.

Hows that work 🙄 it's still a claim sir and company policy to reduce you to 3 year.

Oh thanks

The whole car insurance industry seems like a massive bogus scheme.

"insurance will drop over 25 they say".... Im yet to see it.
"NCD will reduce premiums".... well im on 7 now and its still the same

and when you do question it, its all about the area that I am based in yet Ive been staying here all my life

The whole car insurance industry seems like a massive bogus scheme.

"insurance will drop over 25 they say".... Im yet to see it.
"NCD will reduce premiums".... well im on 7 now and its still the same

and when you do question it, its all about the area that I am based in yet Ive been staying here all my life
The drop after you turn 25 hasn’t been a thing for years, it’s more like 30 these days.

The drop after you turn 25 hasn’t been a thing for years, it’s more like 30 these days.

Maybe but they base the "young driver" excess up to 25? so again another discrepancy.

Another thing I dont really understand - I was paying £750 on a Jaguar XE-S with the 3.0l s/c engine when I was 24. At 26 it costs me £1200 to insure a Merc C200!

Perks of being an “ole git”.. this year, both fully comp and 6k p.a. The SL was a nice £114 but had to pay more for the disclosed“modded” E55. fleeced for £146. 😃👍

Maybe but they base the "young driver" excess up to 25? so again another discrepancy.

Another thing I dont really understand - I was paying £750 on a Jaguar XE-S with the 3.0l s/c engine when I was 24. At 26 it costs me £1200 to insure a Merc C200!
I suspect more 26 year olds claim on Mercedes C-Class than 24 year olds claim on Jaguar XE and hence you’re more likely to claim statistically.

W212 E350CDi for me and Angela, incl commuting and business use for both of us, is £201 this year - just renewed with Tesco. Mind you, we're knocking on a bit now and live in t'north!

Pete
Just done a Tesco quote for me & Mrs Greedy. 8k miles w212 E350CDI. £700. Wow, seems high price. Both middle aged.

Yeah i had a civic type R

£250

Merc CLA 200d milk float edition

£650

🤣🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom