How to adjust headlamps?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Swotty

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2003 CL600
2003 CL600 W215

I had the lights altered from rhd to lhd by the MB franchise/Indie here in SW France. He told me that I wouldn't get the rh kick-up, which doesn't bother me and the beam is relatively flat, so looks like he has simply got rid of the lh kick-up.

Trouble is, now the dip beams only project about 15m in front and the main beams perhaps double that.

Before I go back and talk to him about it and ask for free rectification, does anyone know how to adjust the beams, please?

I have read that some MBs can/need to be done using STAR but does that apply to a 2003 CL or is there some electric adjustment somewhere .......
or is it a manually-adjusted knob under the bonnet, which seems to be the way with these cars?

Thanks,

Stuart

Anyone know how to adjust the beam level on these cars, please? It gets dark early out here!

Thanks,

Stuart

There should be a screw type adjuster on each headlamp, 2 in fact. One for up/down and the other for left/right adjustment

Thanks, Bob ........ are they inside the housing or outside, please?

I'm crossing fingers they're outside, as it's a b*gger to do anything inside!

Cheers,

Stuart

Hi swotty

Did you come right with this?
As I will be bringing my w203 coupe over and also need to sort out the issue with the lights?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom