How to load music onto usb stick

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neil beard

Car
a very average c350e
Hi. Simple question from a non-technical person! My new c220 estate is due to arrive in a month - loads of extras, v excited! My question is this. I have specified the media interface but not command. I am confused by various forums about exactly how to load my usb stick so that i can play music and navigate the track listings. For example, can i load from my itunes library, or do i need to do it via windows media player. If anyone could kindly show me basic step by step guidance i'd be massively grateful. Thanks.

You can simply open your iTunes music folder on your computer hard-drive, copy the files you want and paste them into the USB stick's memory.

A couple of things to remember - the Audio 20 (assuming that is what you have) won't handle MP3 VBR files (variable bit-rate), it is not happy with Apple Lossless either and any album art must be 500px x 500px or smaller. Over 500 pixels in either width or height will mean that the album art will not display.

You can if you wish put the MP3 files in multiple and nested folders.

Ian

You can use one of the apps that are meant for syncing Android phones with iTunes as they see the phone as a USB mass storage device which is no different from a USB stick.

I've used DoubleTwist with great success to load one for use in my Beemer, will do playlists too if the headunit can use them.

You can simply open your iTunes music folder on your computer hard-drive, copy the files you want and paste them into the USB stick's memory.

A couple of things to remember - the Audio 20 (assuming that is what you have) won't handle MP3 VBR files (variable bit-rate), it is not happy with Apple Lossless either and any album art must be 500px x 500px or smaller. Over 500 pixels in either width or height will mean that the album art will not display.

Curiously the Audio 20 on my E220 CDI has no problem with VBR files, and will display album artwork larger than 500*500, so maybe the newest version has fixed that? Mine has the red/white/grey colour scheme not the orange/brown one...

Yes, the best way is to copy the music folders using Windows Explorer. If you don't know where they are located, in iTunes under Edit > Preferences > Advanced it shows the folder location.

Yes, the best way is to copy the music folders using Windows Explorer. If you don't know where they are located, in iTunes under Edit > Preferences > Advanced it shows the folder location.

If you do it the way I've suggested you get full syncing just as if it was an iPod, keeps track of what's on it, updates when you reconnect it etc etc.

Drag and drop from your Windows media player library.

thanks everyone. that sounds pretty starightforward, and even I understood! I was starting to get worried when I kept hearing about systems not reading the track information, and losing data every time the igntion was turned off. I hope not be coming back online in a month to ask for more help!! One thing. I have seen several times that the system cant handle sticks over 32GB. Assume that's correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom