how to turn off voice directions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smiffo

Car
E250 CDI Sport
I have a Nav50 in my W212 E250 and want to be able to turn off the voice guidance but leave the on-screen directions. I have been through all menus and sub-menus, but can't find a way to do it. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so, how??

I have a Nav50 in my W212 E250 and want to be able to turn off the voice guidance but leave the on-screen directions. I have been through all menus and sub-menus, but can't find a way to do it. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so, how??

Mute. Press the mute button.

Can you comment why do you want to turn off the voice guidance?

I often mute the nav instructions. This is usually because I’ve entered a destination where I know, say, the first 80%f of the journey and only need help for the last couple of miles. Means I can listen to music /radio uninterrupted.

E.g. going to Manchester from Surrey, I know how to get to Manchester but often don’t know my way to the street I’m visiting. I cancel mute when I need the instructions.

Quite right... when I drive with passengers (family and friends) they get annoyed by the voice instructions - they may be listening to music, or the kids might be asleep - so being able to mute the SatNav but have the visual instructions is a good thing.

Press mute while the voice instructions are talking, otherwise it mutes all sound. It can be handy to see estimates time to destination, or as said, it is only the last few miles where I need help.

Press mute while the voice instructions are talking, otherwise it mutes all sound.

My advice was not complete at all, thanks for making it accurate.

Does it actually mute all sound if you press mute when there is no navi announcement? I thought it would only mute the radio (or another similar source) but not navigation?

I don't know to be honest, I am normally frantically trying to shut her up when she keeps saying 'now make a u-turn'.

My advice was not complete at all, thanks for making it accurate.

Does it actually mute all sound if you press mute when there is no navi announcement? I thought it would only mute the radio (or another similar source) but not navigation?

Everything except Navigation.

Ah thanks for that! I thought that the mute button killed all sound inc radio. I'll give it a try tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom