How Would You Clean This?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WDB124066

MB Enthusiast
Car
1996 E320 Sportline Cabriolet x 2
The car got a little messy on long drive through the North Island today & now it's cleaning time. What is the best thing for this, hand wash under running water.....??

Last edited:
Depends how involved you want to get WDB, but for a straightforward clean get as much as that muck off as possible prior to washing, so a jetwash would be best. Give it a good old wash, then a wax!

I would try softening the road muck first with lots of water, followed by a fairly gentle jet wash with detergent- not forgetting those wheel arches.---always lots of water rather than pressure!

Best is to soak it snow foam and let it dwell on for about 5 minutes. But as you are asking you proberly havent got a foam gun. Soak with a hose first and after it has soaked into the dust ,a gentle hose down.

Now is the time to give us an in-depth appraisal of one of those "waterless" car wash outfits.

Is that the one without the brushes Del, is that a good idea on a Cabbie - with the Chemicals and all.....??

I think there's a local servo with a brushless wash machine, is that a bad idea really?

Regards to all W.

Here's another shot, we had a lot fun today........!!

Last edited:
Ah, the colonies...such fun.:D

Oh yes right along Highway 43 through the Tangarakau Gorge, take a Google trip! :):)

Car's out in the rain tonight soaking, wash it in the morning......

Brillo pad. Bring it up a treat :)

Pop it into a pillowcase, 40 degrees, no final spin and jobsagoodun. :p

24033d1307597061-how-would-you-clean-znz.jpg

I thought a nice thick clear coat over it!

Step 1 ..... Take 469 pictures from every conceivable angle. These will be your "before" pictures. (Try to take some under powerful halogen lights to highlight the swirl damage that has been inflicted on your paintwork)

Step 2 .... hell I'm sure the detailers can add the rest !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom