I fancy a challenge. Your suggestions please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seven

Car
Transporter Kombi
Mid life crisis? Maybe.
I fancy some sort of challenge. I have felt a little bogged down recently and feel as if I need something to focus me.
I'm thinking along the lines of Everest base camp etc - or something more demanding. Something I will have to train for to achieve. Something that I will remember forever.
I haven't got the time to row the Atlantic but I can certainly spare a month or so.
What can you come up with?

Edit - bad taste, sorry.

Seriously though- there are currently some very dodgy parts of the world around in these unstable times - make sure you stay safe.

If you do something that benefits others, then that's a double whammy.

Last edited:
What are your other interests?
Biking morocco to cape town Ktm not MTB other continents are available
Learn to fly PPL or PPLH
My sister rode across south America on horseback
Kilmanjaro ,you can summit without the extreme of your other mountain

Try hooking up with some charities, tell them you have some time to spare, I'm sure they'll come up with some eye-catching and memorable challenge for you to do that will benefit them too....

Something charitable has obvious appeal - whether self supported or not. I have cycled in India almost every year for the last ten years independently so have that experience at least!
I don't want to do something where I've got a 50/50 chance of survival but I want something..... you know what I mean!

Does it have to be physical like mountaineering or can it be something like driving across Asia in a Bedford Rascal?

Physical is good.
My knees are not as good as a premiership footballers though!

Lacking in grandeur, but I drove a van for Sue Ryder, one day a week for about four years.

I loved it, my feelgood factor went through the roof, and the people we served benefitted too.

If you've time/ability to spare, it has to be charity based IMO :thumb:.

Last edited:
Edit - bad taste, sorry.

Seriously though- there are currently some very dodgy parts of the world around in these unstable times - make sure you stay safe.

If you do something that benefits others, then that's a double whammy.

I've literally just fell off the sofa when I read that as I saw what you wrote before you edited it, classic

Thanks John that given me a great smile at the end of a very wet day here in Donny :thumb:

I've literally just fell off the sofa when I read that as I saw what you wrote before you edited it, classic

Thanks John that given me a great smile at the end of a very wet day here in Donny :thumb:

As I read it again it just seemed inappropriate Ian - not that bad taste was much better really :cool:.

Do the Peking to Paris rally.

Find a good old car, prep it to rally capability, learn how to maintain and repair it, then drive it all the way.

I found my physical challenge of walking 63 miles of the South Downs too hard work. Four of us did raise £15k for the Gurkha Welfare Trust, but within a month of doing it we were all fatter than before.

developer215 said:
As I read it again it just seemed inappropriate Ian - not that bad taste was much better really :cool:.

Shame. It was #1 on my list.

Shame. It was #1 on my list.

I assume you saw it then - you're a good sport :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom