I give up trying to explain it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adrian5405

Car
2010 C180 Komp Sport (1.6) W204.
The hottest day of the year and the wife arrives home from work in a black car with all four windows open.

Why have you got the windows open I ask?

Cos it's boiling hot, why do you think, she asks

Well put the air conditioning on then I said.

No point, it's obviously cooler to have the windows open

Sure enough, she had the air con switched off

Would be funny but it's not the first time we've had this conversation, and undoubtedly not the last:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Don't

My wife still flips the dual zone climate in our QQ to Lo manually which means the passenger side stays at 20 or at least tries so, so starts kicking out heat.....

She then complains the air con is rubbish

Leave it at 20!

Dropping it to min makes no difference, it's like a toaster dial. It doesn't change the effect, just the duration!

Arrrghhh

Mind you my daughter called me whilst I was in France last week to tell me

" Dad, my cars broken, it very very hot"

Telephone diagnosis = air con run out (it is a £500 Corsa!)
She's never been in a car w/o air con that she would remember....

ATS booked for Saturday

The hottest day of the year and the wife arrives home from work in a black car with all four windows open.

Why have you got the windows open I ask?

Cos it's boiling hot, why do you think, she asks

Well put the air conditioning on then I said.

No point, it's obviously cooler to have the windows open

Sure enough, she had the air con switched off

Would be funny but it's not the first time we've had this conversation, and undoubtedly not the last:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I thought you were going to say that she replied "I've got the air con switched on too but it doesn't seem to be doing much".

I must confess. I also drive with all the windows open on the few days a year when it's warm enough. I much prefer it to blocking out the world in a refrigerated cocoon.

Everyone have air con these days, but in the seventies 'keeping up with the Jones' meant driving with the windows rolled-up in August making the neighbours think that you have air-con :thumb:

A tad different but my ex wife (long before mobile phones) rang home complaining she had to walk miles to get a phone box and then preceeded to tell me her car had a flat tyre.
"Where?" I asked concerned she was stuck somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

"On the bottom" she replied !!!!

I had to hang up.

I've got a belter about a friend & his wife that's car related. True story, too late now I'll post tomorrow.

Mine always adjusts the dials, knocking "auto" I.e climate control off. Just doesn't get what climate control is all about. She's reducing the car to one that only has air con, not CC.

The number of cabrioles I've seen the last few days with roof and windows closed... Too hot to have the roof down was one driver's comment...

I remember driving my Boxster in Southern Germany in a heatwave. The external temperature at speed was registering 38C. Above a very low speed the car was absolutely intolerable with the roof down, it was like sitting in a hair dryer. As the roof was insulated and climate control works best with cabin air at lower temperatures being re-circulated, it was a no-brainer to shut the roof.

I also had a black C55 with black windows and black leather. I remember at Olly's GTG Dieselman had brought along one of those laser thermometers - side by side in the May sun (it was a hot day) my car was considerably hotter inside than the silver C55 alongside. Opening the windows is entirely rational to let all the accumulated heat out when starting off and no doubt she just carried on with them open as if you are moving the air-flow is perfectly pleasant.

Some years ago my friend and his lovely wife hired a nice car to go to France on holiday. A rare treat as they never had much money and he only drove an old works van. It was around the time when the CD autochangers started to become popular.

Whilst his wife was loading the car up with all the holiday stuff my friend loaded CD's of all their favourite discs into the autochanger in the boot. His wife observed him doing this and was impressed with this new fangled technology.

Half an hour into their journey she asked him could she have her fav mix CD on. He told her it was in the glove compartment as he'd obviously loaded all of his favourites into the changer.

"Not to panic, we'll just pop it in here" he said as he dejected a disc from the single slot CD player on the dash.

Totally amazed, mouth open and eyes wide,,,,,,,"Has that disc just come from that thing in the boot???" :eek:

Needless to say, he's never let her forget it. ;)

The number of cabrioles I've seen the last few days with roof and windows closed... Too hot to have the roof down was one driver's comment...
There's a reason why the UK is the biggest market in Europe for drop tops, and that is it.

As Charles says regarding his Boxster, once you get to mid-30's on the mercury, driving with the roof down is akin to being in a fan oven so closing the roof and running the aircon is a no brainer.

For maximum discomfort you really need to do what Angie and I did three years ago and ride a fully-faired motorcycle down the Dalmatian coast in 40+c heat while wearing full bike gear. Not fun at all, and we had three days of doing it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom