• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Immobiliser problem with a 140

d w124

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
w124 3.6AMG styling E320 S124 Lorinser styling
If someone could share their knowledge here would be great

As ^ I`m having a bit of a problem starting the C140
I all started with a flat battery and been having trouble starting ever since

I`ve the green light flashing on the mirror and the car refuses to start.The central locking stopped working at the same time :dk:

Changed the battery`s on the remote and tried to synchronize it as shown on the handbook but nothing changes

Does the car crank? the immobiliser should still let the car crank, but not start.

It might be worth checking the fuses as well, I've seen a few threads on the us forum of fuses looking o.k, but after replceing them th ecar starting fine. I think the immobiliser fuse is shared with the cig lighter, so maybe check you're getting power to the lighter as a quick test?

I've also seen some suggestions that the pse pump under the rear seat might be the culprit if it's not functioning properly. Something to do with the wiring connected to the central locking.

Test your remote several times through a digital camera, does or did the Red LED in the mirror ever flash when you lock the car?

Dec
KeyfobAndBatteries.jpg

Test your remote several times through a digital camera, does or did the Red LED in the mirror ever flash when you lock the car?

I`ll try the camera thing and see :thumb:

Better illustration below of what it looks like through a camera.

Dec
[YOUTUBE]zQhwvjw29NA[/YOUTUBE]

I'm not sure if the immobilizer control is accessible with carsoft diagnostic on this one, if that's the case I can lend it to you to have a look.

I managed to sort out the key so now I can open and close with the remote
The car does crank but still no luck at starting and the green light keeps flashing.The red one does not come on at all

Apart from unlocking the car, the only time the Green LED will flash is when the key is turned to position 2 in the ignition.
If the above is true then you have a dead Red LED, I don’t know if that dead Red LED will prevent the car from starting, when the car was starting properly in the past was the Red LED working when the car was locked with the remote fob?

What year is the car?

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom