Indicators flashing fast!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chinwagger

Car
mercedes ml320
Hi, the Indicators on my ML320 are flashing fast (both left turn and right turn) and I'm totally pulling my hair out trying to solve the problem.
ALL bulbs are working, fuses are good, the Hazards work fine and I've replaced both the left turn relay and the right turn relay ( didn't think that would solve it though as for Both to fail at the same didn't seem right). Anyway, I'm nearly bald now from the stress so hopefully someone can help me in my dilemma!!!!
Any ideas guys?

Even working bulbs, albeit older ones with perhaps some soot on the inside of the glass, can give the impression they have gone.

I've had this on a car once before.

Take the bulbs out and check the connection. Could be a bit of rust on them giving a poor signal back making the car think the bulb is out. I've had a similar experience on my W210 and a quick clean with a fibre pencil solved it

Left turn relay AND right turn relay? Doesn't sound right to me.
Usually a single unit for both sides.

I just had this on my 211, The bulb was ok but being the original the contact point had burnt/worn away just far enough not to make a contact all of the time in the bulb holder.

New bulb sorted it out ;)

Not got a tow bar? i had something similar on my Jeep GC, and it was the relay in the tow bar wiring causing it....

Could be an earthing problem. Seen this before. Check out the indicator earth to body.

Thanks for your help guys, its all much appreciated!
@Ted, the fuse box says separate fuses And relays!
@SLKGirl, ive heard that before, so will check it out!
@jc62b, will check that too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom