IPhone 6 not working with media interface

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all I have a c220 coupe 2012. Can someone put the part number up for the lead. I have command in mine.

Thanks

THREAD HIJACK ALERT
I am new to my 2012 W204 with command and I am having difficulties. There appears to be a lot of knowledge on here please put me out of my misery.
1. My iPhone 6 pairs and works fine as a telephone but when I try to connect to the Internet through the command it says my phone doesn't support this. I have checked with O2 who says there is nothing wrong at their end.
And finally how do I increase the volume of the mic. As I am sick of shouting at it.
Thanks

Dwedders said:
THREAD HIJACK ALERT I am new to my 2012 W204 with command and I am having difficulties. There appears to be a lot of knowledge on here please put me out of my misery. 1. My iPhone 6 pairs and works fine as a telephone but when I try to connect to the Internet through the command it says my phone doesn't support this. I have checked with O2 who says there is nothing wrong at their end. And finally how do I increase the volume of the mic. As I am sick of shouting at it. Thanks

Did you set the hotspot/tethering on for bluetooth ? My iPhone 6 paired up and connected without issue when I chose Auto Connect. it can be a little slow. The dealer menu has various volume options - press 7,9 and red 'phone hangup' keys together

Did you set the hotspot/tethering on for bluetooth ? My iPhone 6 paired up and connected without issue when I chose Auto Connect. it can be a little slow. The dealer menu has various volume options - press 7,9 and red 'phone hangup' keys together

I have tried hotspot and everything I can think of without success. :dk:

Dwedders said:
I have tried hotspot and everything I can think of without success. :dk:

Are you able to try someone elses iPhone that uses a diff mobile network as a test ? I am on the 3 Network as a ref and have unlimited data which includes tethering as std so was straight forward, I wouldnt take the first person you speak to at O2's word that its enabled, try tethering your laptop to phone via bluetooth and see if that works ok to rule out phone/network

Are you able to try someone elses iPhone that uses a diff mobile network as a test ? I am on the 3 Network as a ref and have unlimited data which includes tethering as std so was straight forward, I wouldnt take the first person you speak to at O2's word that its enabled, try tethering your laptop to phone via bluetooth and see if that works ok to rule out phone/network

O2 say I haven't used any data at all but I have used my phone on 4g quite a lot. I am unsure on "tethering" how do I do that? :dk:

I don't think you will get the iPhone to work on a c220 2012 car. As that is what I have and I have read loads. I think only the 3rd gen ntg4.5 which is in late 2012 cars will convex to iPhone. Or any iPhone after a 4. But I am not 100% as I am new to this. I have only had my car for 1 week.
Hope this helps. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
Mine is a late 2012 September I think iPhone 6 + but I don't know how to find the version of the comand.
Checked with O2 again who say everything is turned on at their end so must be the car.

Last edited:
Dwedders said:
O2 say I haven't used any data at all but I have used my phone on 4g quite a lot. I am unsure on "tethering" how do I do that? :dk:

Set up the iPhone as a 'hotspot' over bluetooth, , that should be simply by enabling the hotspot, if you then pair the phone to laptop (or ipad/tablet if you prefer ) via bluetooth it should be able to access the internet via phone . turn off wifi on laptop to avoid confusion, if that works then phone is acting as a hotspot so should work

Set up the iPhone as a 'hotspot' over bluetooth, , that should be simply by enabling the hotspot, if you then pair the phone to laptop (or ipad/tablet if you prefer ) via bluetooth it should be able to access the internet via phone . turn off wifi on laptop to avoid confusion, if that works then phone is acting as a hotspot so should work

Done all that as suggested and it works OK.
Will try to pair with car tomorrow.

Dwedders said:
Done all that as suggested and it works OK. Will try to pair with car tomorrow. Thanks :wallbash:

Ok so that confirms it isnt the phone. Try this (to clear any current settings and reset) , delete/forget the bluetooth pair in phone, do a reset of comand in car, pair phone again and confirm hotspot/tethering is on, now in comand choose mercedes apps and when it says it needs to connect follow through steps and choose the auto connect option - fingers crossed.

As far as I know a 2012 car will not work with a iPhone for internet due to the Bluetooth interface the car uses not being supported by the phone. It's not the carrier as you've already confirmed. Later cars do work if you use hotspot.

Sorry to recharge an old thread , i have a late 2011 w218 CLS 350 CDI sport with the 10GB hard drive and media interface,just recently i enquired with command that said if i bought a proper genuine apple 30 pin to lightening adapter the media interface would work with my I-phone 6s plus ....so went an bought the adapter £35 from apple and when its plugged in to the phone the car screen just says device no supported/recognised etc :confused:
Anyone know what i am doing wrong ? :(

Try resetting the COMAND system (System menu, Reset option).

But is the phone now recognised?

Hmm. Most odd. My wife had the same problem with the "Device not Recognised" message when she bought her SLK but resetting COMAND fixed it.

I've got a 2013 E class (not facelift) so I think it's the same version of comand. The lightning cable from Mercedes wasn't working so I tried a 30 pin cable with an adapt or from Apple and that works fine, never had any issues.

Do you have an old 30 pin iPod you could try?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom