Iphone address book download

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alfie

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
W169 A, W205 C, R172 SLC, W447 vantastic
If you want to complain to Apple about the V2 address book download issue, you can do so here http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Select feedback type as 'Bug report'. The more people that do this the more likely they are to fix it!

Iphone S/W 2.0.2 is out. I've downloaded it to my 3G and will test it in the car in a few minutes time. Fingers crossed.

Iphone S/W 2.0.2 is out. I've downloaded it to my 3G and will test it in the car in a few minutes time. Fingers crossed.

Nope. Still not fixed :rolleyes:

I'll report it again..........

Tested today, still no address book download :D :D

Tested today, still no address book download :D :D

Yep, I tested it too. Yep no download.

I will report it again to them and mention that It was reported three releases ago and its still not fixed.

Went into my local MB dealer to buy a Viseo unit to replace my MB Bluetooth unit.

They said don't bother as MB now have a software update for the audio units inc Comand.

Anyone had this done, or even heard of it?

Went into my local MB dealer to buy a Viseo unit to replace my MB Bluetooth unit.

They said don't bother as MB now have a software update for the audio units inc Comand.

Did they have ViseeO on sale there?

Alfie, Richard etc. know how it goes but I'd suggest you to place a bet with the guy who advised you. Most of the audio components as well as other even small control units can be updated today but the MB BT adapter cannot be updated via the interface it has to the car, unless something big has happened since I've looked at it last time.

I agree. So unless I want to wait for Apple to maybe do a release, is my only option to fork out on a ViseeO 2000?

I agree. So unless I want to wait for Apple to maybe do a release, is my only option to fork out on a ViseeO 2000?

What kind of a head unit do you have? If it supports a "local" phone book, you could upload your phone book with another device. Of course always more convenient if the phone book loads from the phone you are using.

I've got Comand - the MB dealer was saying that the software update was to this, not the BT unit - but even so, seems unlikely.

Yep they probably do for the new comand units in the MY2009 cars. This wont help the thousands of us who have pre MY2009 comand and/or HFP cradles.

What I know for certain is that when I had an HFP (I use a Viseeo MBU2000 now), it worked flawlessly with my iphone on Apple S/W version 1.1.4. When V2 came along it stopped downloading the phone book. This was the same hfp cradle and the same comand unit. It has to be the Apple S/W. I say this with some reservation though because it is possible I guess that it only worked before by mistake and apple 'fixed' it at the request of MB because their iPhone cradle was about to launch:rolleyes:

HFP and SAP cradles are NOT S/W upgradeable as yet.

Thanks for confirming it Alfie - just ordered a ViseeO mbu2000 - hopefully that should do the trick:)

My iPhone cradle doesn't seem to want to do anything with the phone via Bluetooth, it only ever says 'No Phone' unless I plug it into the cradle.

My iPhone only ever says 'No Phone' unless I plug it into the cradle.

If your talking about the 'iphone' cradle it will, thats the way they work im afraid. I know you have to pair them via bluetooth but they only connect when physically plugged in. Same deal for a few cradles now, started with the motorola razr v3 cradles.

Hope this helps

seems pointless in it have any form of Bluetooth then if it only works with it in the cradle.

It is to do with the phones not having enough connections on the bottom for all the controls and functions, mixed with customers not being happy that the bluetooth unit wont charge the phone like the old cradles used to. For the iphone they have also integrated the ipod features into the cradle for cars equiped with Universal Media Interface.

Last edited:
It is to do with the phones not having enough connections on the bottom for all the controls and functions, mixed with customers not being happy that the bluetooth unit wont charge the phone like the old cradles used to. For the iphone they have also integrated the ipod features into the cradle for cars equiped with Universal Media Interface.

I hope MB does not always disable a feature availability to all if a few complain about it (when they do not understand how to use it).

The iPhone connector allows pretty complicated functions through the USB wire, I would assume they could build non-BT support if they wanted to. It just would make the cradle more complex/expensive and of course a the phone a bit too. I assume the real reason for the BT approach being the fact that this anyway is needed, irrespectively of the car kit approach and it appears simpler to use it in the cradle too. Paring BT as such is not a big deal but they really should have allowed BT calls too when the phone is not on the cradle (equally with the other models you mention that are following this approach).

that's the problem, its fine for long journeys, but for short journey's I can never be bothered to put the phone in the cradle and ofcourse if you do that you also run the risk of leaving the phone in the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom