Iphone IOS 4 and contacts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alfie

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
W169 A, W205 C, R172 SLC, W447 vantastic
We are hearing reports that once an iphone is updated to IOS V4, the address book no longer downloads properly to Mercedes Head units. We have yet to check this ourselves. This will be done tomorrow with an iphone 3GS and iphone 4 with an HFP and an iphone cradle. Watch this space.

Have also heard of problems with connecting to aftermarket car kits / intergrated car kits after the update. Hard resetting the iphone seems to solve the problem in most cases.

To hard reset press and hold down the power button and home button at the same time till the screen goes blank. The phone will reboot.

My 3G running iOS4 worked fine with my Audio20bluetooth today.

Here are my results today;

Iphone 3GS IOS 4

Mercedes HFP v1 pairs fine with address book download.
Mercedes iphone 3G(S) cradle pairs but phone book garbled.
Mercedes HFP V2 pairs fine with address book download.

Iphone 4
Mercedes HFP v1 pairs fine with address book download.
Mercedes iphone 3G(S) cradle pairs but phone book garbled. Phone does not fit into the cradle.
Mercedes HFP V2 pairs fine but address book does not download.

Will test an MB-2 later in the week.

I also have an MB2 and upgraded my iPhone to os 4 on Tuesday. Now my contact names will not download. I have rebooted the phone and the MB2.
I have also spoken to the company I bought my Viseeo from and they will be speaking to the Taiwan factory tomorrow!!!
My ring tone from the phone now comes through my van speakers too instead of the usual comand ring tone.

I look forward to having the whole thing working properly soon :)

Any further help would be appreciated

Thanks

Alfie any news on an iphone 4 cradle surely with 600,000 sold in the first day there is a market for them?

No news on an iphone 4 cradle as yet. Rest assured as soon as there is one, we will have them.

IOS 4 and iphone 4 with MB-2 and MBU-1000 also suffer the address book corruption.

This has been reported to Apple and to Triamp. The last time Apple messed up the bluetooth (V2 S/W) it took them ages to fix it. Triamp had a fix/workaround in their s/w very quickly.

We will continue to hassle Apple over this.

For now, I'm sticking with my original HFP cradle which works fine with my new iphone.

In another thread, it is reported that NTG4-W212 works OK.

It would be useful if anyone with a W204 (NTG4-W204) COMAND and Audio-20, anyone with NTG2.5 COMAND and Audio-20, and S/CL MY2010 (i.e facelift) NTG3.5 could check and post ! (I think thats all the units with built in bluetooth phone support).

Richard

I have a retrofitted NTG2.5 Audio 20 in my W211 and that seems fine with a 3Gs running os4.0.
It is still seeing contacts via bluetooth no problem, having said that I have not added any news ones since updating, I will test that tomorrow.

Problem syncing contact names.

iPhone 3GS 32GB upgraded (read downgraded) to new v 4 firmware.

ML500 (MY2007) with cradle.

Spent most of Sunday reading forums.
Apple does not support rolling back firmware!!

:(:confused:

My 3G was soooooooo bad with IOS4 that I backed out to 3.1.2. but then it was already jailbroken and unlocked, so was quite easy to do.

I also have an MB2 and upgraded my iPhone to os 4 on Tuesday. Now my contact names will not download. I have rebooted the phone and the MB2.
I have also spoken to the company I bought my Viseeo from and they will be speaking to the Taiwan factory tomorrow!!!
My ring tone from the phone now comes through my van speakers too instead of the usual comand ring tone.

I look forward to having the whole thing working properly soon :)

Any further help would be appreciated

Thanks

I have the exact same scenario including ring tone which was a surprise:

Upgraded my 3Gs to iOS4 and now my MB-2 will not sync contacts. Post iPhone upgrade all my number appeared in 'Other' with no names associated.

Since unpairing my iPhone and clearing down the data on the MB-2 using the Sync+On/Off buttons, as per the Master Reset steps, I now have no contacts transfered at all. I.e. 'Other' numbers have also disappeared.

I hope there is a bluetooth or firmware fix soon. Although in the short term I have saved my frequently used numbers directly into the Command Unit to stay safe and legal you understand. :D

[FONT=&quot]This is the reply from Apple after the "Bug" was reported.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Engineering has requested the following information in order to further investigate this issue:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Could you please attach your device log to the bug report. Device logs can be retrieved via the Organizer in Xcode. Or, from the iPhone Configuration Utility:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. Download and install iPCU from Apple - Support - iPhone - Enterprise[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. Launch iPCU, then connect device with USB cable[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. Click the Console tab in iPCU[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. Reproduce the problem[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5. Click the “Save as” button to save the log to a text file.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6. Attach the text file to the bug report[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bug reports requiring your attention will appear under ‘My Originated Problems’. Please review this bug report and provide the requested information via the Apple Bug Reporter. Once your report has been updated, engineering will be alerted of the new information.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]<http://bugreport.apple.com>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your assistance in helping us discover and isolate bugs within our products. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cheers
[/FONT]

Just got iPhone4 .. will test with W204 COMAND this evening and let you know !

iPhone 4 awesome, by the way ;)

my iphone 4 with os 4 wont recognise on my mmi system anymore it was working but since last sync will not work, can anyone help?
i will try resyncing tommorow, it was incredibly slow to access the track/artist names prior to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom