Iphone IOS 4 and contacts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:bannana:Just heard on the grapewine; IOS 4.1 rolls out next week.

this could be the answer to our problems....:bannana:

Too late. Flogged the iphony. Running Froyo on my Samsung Galaxy S and I have BT SAP and contact sync!

Are the problems people are experiencing due to using non MB kit or older MB kit? Because my iPhone 4 has worked absolutely perfectly including importing contacts since the day it arrived.

Are the problems people are experiencing due to using non MB kit or older MB kit? Because my iPhone 4 has worked absolutely perfectly including importing contacts since the day it arrived.
it manifested itsself when we upgraded to the ios 4 on the iphone, and is an acknowledged glitch.
i have an iphone 3gs and a mb bluetooth cradle which worked fine till the above mentioned sofware upgrade to the iphone...

Anyone hear anything on when the official MB cradle will be available for the iPhone 4? It works fine on BT for me, but I want to get it connected to the pre-wiring in the arm rest so I can listen to the music off the phone and not have to keep updatin the iPod I keep in the glovebox as well!

Updated to OS 4.1. Contatcs have been uploaded flawlessly. (Class A 2004, Viseeo MB2)

Has anybody succeeded with IOS 4.1 + iPhone 4 + W204 COMAND ? I still can't get it to receive business cards ... am I doing something wrong ?

Has anybody succeeded with IOS 4.1 + iPhone 4 + W204 COMAND ? I still can't get it to receive business cards ... am I doing something wrong ?

Same here, W204 COMAND with iPhone 4.1 but nothing. My previous Mercedes bluetooth connections work fine and show extra options liek 'sync contacts' and other stuff. the MB Bluetooth on teh W204 has no such options.

I raised thsi with the dealer as a serious issue as I only got the car yesterday and if I had known that it would definitely not work I would have ordered the pre-wiring.

S

Same here, W204 COMAND with iPhone 4.1 but nothing. My previous Mercedes bluetooth connections work fine and show extra options liek 'sync contacts' and other stuff. the MB Bluetooth on teh W204 has no such options.

I raised thsi with the dealer as a serious issue as I only got the car yesterday and if I had known that it would definitely not work I would have ordered the pre-wiring.

S

Hmmm.. I suspect this is something that apple still need to fix .. as IOS 4.1 works fine on the iPhone 3G ... must be an iPhone 4 thing.

I have the pre-wire also, but don't think there's a cradle available yet ??

Hey all:

Driving a W211 Facelifted with NTG 2.5 fitted:

iPhone 3GS iOS 4 - Adress Book fully copied onto NTG, Ring tone has changed to the ringtone on iPhone

iPhone 4 iOS4 - Adressboom fully copied onto NTG, ringtone has changed to the ringtone on iPhone.

New MB owner

Hi there...
I just bought a 2005 C320 in Namibia, and it has the old Nokia Car kit in the arm rest... I have a few questions..

1 - If I buy the b67875877 bluetooth device, will it wotk with the Iphone
2 - Is this difficult 2 install ?
3 - Does any1 have 1 4 sale from your older Mercs? as in Namibia the cost N$5000 which is about 500 pounds... and I c them on ebay.co.uk for 50...

Hi all. Just to butt in. I have just collected my C200 with COMAND. However, I did not specify the phone pre-install kit or ipod kit. Both me and my wife have iphones and would like to be able to use the ipod from the stereo as we are driving and use the phone. What does anyone suggest as the best aftermarket option for doing this. If there are any suppliers out ther, please PM me as I would be happy to discuss the right option for me and then take the car somewhere to get the work done. Thanks. I'm just a tad confused by all of the different kits available and what each one does!!

The COMAND should have come with the media interface kit which includes 3 cables, one of which is for the iPod. The COMAND also comes with Bluetooth which should allow you to use your phones, although maybe not sync contacts.

Was this not covered at handover?

Simon

Thanks Simon. I just ordered the car with the COMAND system and nothing else. To be honest, the salesman was rubbish and, despite my best efforts to ask about the options available to me, he had no idea. Hence I have to ask on here or try another dealer to get a clear idea of what options are available to me. I know I have an aux in socket in the glove box and bluetooth for the phone but, apart from that, as far as I am aware, I have no other means to connect my iphone to listen to the music. Hence I assume I'll need to spend the £500 odd to get the integrated kit aftermarket. Any ideas welcomed. I can't be the first non techy person to be stumped by this!! OK, maybe I am!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom