Is it just me or is Top Gear getting VERY tired?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Next time Jeremy asks who'd like to see the lap, I just wish the question was met with total silence.

I´ve always thought that Clarkson has such power over what car the British public buy.

I wouldn´t think it´s beyond the bounds of possibility that he has taken a kick back or gift in kind for a favourable review or plug. He used to go on about Fords a lot.

Has anyone noticed how much they bang on about Alfas? I know they are preety cars, but still.

He did seem to sort of hint at managing to jump the queue for his Ford GT ;)

I´ve always thought that Clarkson has such power over what car the British public buy.

You can tell this from the number Lambos and Astons on our roads.

Has anyone noticed how much they bang on about Alfas? I know they are preety cars, but still.

It's a long standing journalistic tradition to bang on about Alfas. (Except the Nissan-Alfa mutant from the 80s). And TG follows on with that - even though they wouldn't actually recommend them to a friend.

It's a long standing journalistic tradition to bang on about Alfas.

Well spotted Dryce - that is so true. It started with the Alfasud of the 70s :doh:

I wouldn´t think it´s beyond the bounds of possibility that he has taken a kick back or gift in kind for a favourable review or plug...

Don't think he could get near the bungs. Someone whose name began with Q beat him hands down I think, back in the past. "And if the vehicle you're looking at doesn't have a full main dealer service history, then turn and walk away" was one oft-repeated cracker.

I do think Top Gear is somewhat tired these days. If you watch re-runs of the earlier series, which are on Dave constantly, you can see how much the show has gone downhill.

After a few days away from the forum and the time, I've not got time to read the thread in full now. However what I will say is that there seems to be a Top-Gear-is-rubbish-these-days-thread most weeks on MBClub.

That leads me to two conclusions:

1. Car bores like us like it less than the rest of the population. IIRC it's the most watched programme (including web). Maybe they take it less seriously and expect less?

2. Car bores like us like Ghris Goffey and William Woolard more than Clarkson, Hammond and May. That concerns me. :eek:

It has become a caricature of what it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom