• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

It's Swarfega Time! (aka where does the pollen filter go?)

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
So it's that time of the year again... the sun is bright, the weather warm, the birds chirp merrily... and I'm stuck under my car, my every pore sweating swarfega through the grease and grim while I try to figure out why I'm doing this...

This weekend I managed to change the fuel filter, oil filter (and oil), air filter and gave the car a quick tidy... Next is the pollen filter, which I must admit, I've never done myself on any car...

Haynes seems to give me the impression that I need to remove the steering column, the center console and pretty much everything in the inside-front of the car before I can replace the pollen filter... is this right?

The car is the W202...

Michele

P.S. I was unsure about the category here... the pollen filter is part of the interior, which it seems I must take apart and wreck to get the old filter out...

SOS!

Wow, thanks! I'll do that tonight - I was getting worried!

I need to find something better than the Haynes manual... I'm relying too heavily on it! (scariest minute of my life when I took out the fuel filter and had fuel gushing out at me... That thing stores quite a bit of fuel in it!)

Michele

Cafeful when you pull it out, if you knock it/drop it this will happen:

DustStorm0807_02.jpg

Hehe... I've been through a sandstorm or two in my life...

The best was in West Africa - one night we forgot to close a single window... (we had louver-type windows, and one pane was broken so had to be "manually" closed)

In the morning a fine red dust had covered everything in the house, including the table in the living room. Lifting the cutlery off the table created a very impressive white shape in the otherwise red table...

I was impressed :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom