I've got sat nav too !!!

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Mark300SL, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Mark300SL

Mark300SL 1962-2010. Gone, but not forgotten.

Well - I bought an Ipaq with Voice sat nav for more than it would cost for a decent MB Sat Nav setup! - but its a mini PC to boot

It found the GTG yesterday withoutany problems - so thats a good start!

But it has all the PC bells andwhistles and todays roadtest in our labs shows that it is almost as good as my laptop for diagnosing router problems - and Wlan, Bluetooth and GSM connectivity mean I can use it almost anywhere!
    A few expensive options sees it with a proper RS232 serial port, loads of memory, and 2gb of file storage. A hunt around the PPC sites also gave me full telnet, ping, traceroute software etc

This can be used with the Sat Nav car kit in my Company Astra for just about all my work away from the office - and it makes going by train a lot easier than lugging a 25lb laptop bag about!

I will put the OE Sat Nav from SteveNL in the SL as well - just so the missus doesnt get lost though !

Mark

Well chuffed with his new "toy" :)

2. TMP

TMP Member

Car:
    2000 CLK 230 Cabriolet
    Cool

I could never bring my self to ditch my palm device.

I have seen the navigation addon for the Ipaq and must say that it's a very very nice bit of kit.

3. MBenzNL

MBenzNL Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    1993 C250D - 612+k kilometer
    hahaha...that is what they ALL say :D .

greetingz,

Tags: